Thread: Monks Guild
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 06:35 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhalia View Post
Actually Jis do give resists, just awful resists.
Ji of the Salamander - 15% fire resistance, look out.
Ji of the Yeti - 20% cold resist, uh-oh getting higher.
Ji of the Kirin - 30% shock resist, nice! Right? I mean, all monsters use Thunderstorm and not fire based attacks, right?
Ji of the Xorn - 75% petrify resist, no acid resist. Recoil + rak = bad day.

I don't really want to join in on this argument, but yea I agree, monk armor is garbage, 15% fire resist for salamander WEAK! A wyvern skin robe gives that, AND it lets you fly...
Those resists are better than nothing, let us not forget that Ji's do not bungle. Unlike DSMs and wyvern skin robes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godhand View Post
At max, a rak monk is gonna save 10 skill points more than a caveman, that is if only they choose to use magic. If they don't use magic then they are not saving any skill points. What magic is a monk rak gonna use? mind magic? good luck with mind magic on a ghast or shog. Full heal with their 200hp and awful resists? thats not gonna get them very far. Training in life for resists?? thats -10 skill points down the drain. There are no benefits to being a rak monk, other then trying to top the most deaths list.

Raks are better off being guildless than in monks. -10 unarmed but you can cast all types of spells and wear all types of armor. Doesn't that say something about how bad the guild is? if a race can be guildless and still as effective as being in monks?

Rogues and rangers guild armor gives 28% to their particular element. Ji's give 0%. There is a big difference, not even close. You can bet they give more elemental ac than ji's too.
Hahaha!

Ok, to start with, if your not full healing with 200 hp and lowly resists, what are you going to do? And that thing about raks being better off unguilded than in monks? Purely speculation.

Second, As Dhalia said, the Ji's do give resists, and as I am saying now, the rogue's jump-suits only give 20-25%(I forgot the precise amounts but their in that range) resists not 28%. And the caustic jumpsuit(acid-petrify)? doesn't give any acid resists only acid armor as Arilou said. I also doubt that any of the guild armor give elemental armor other than the caustic jumpsuit.

Third, you would save 15 skill points as a full healing monk rak over a full healing cave rak. Cavies with 10- incan, -5 meditation. vs Monks with no Loss's into either. So you can play raks with resists for less skill point than cavies is required to have for full healing.

Four: RAKS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO USE WEAPONS WELL! I cannot seem to get this into your thick skull!

And I for one believe that any raks using clubs or any other weapon with this bug in circulation, should be guilty of bug abuse. You are lucky that the wizards do not seem to have the same stance on this as I do.

That was my ending word on this matter to you Godhand, because you have, so far, consistently lied.

Last edited by Hamel : 01-25-2009 at 06:40 PM.