Thread: Monks Guild
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 04:54 PM

Godhand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamel View Post
Saving a few skill points (15 was it?) can make your character much more powerful.

The claws may suck, but guess what. You're supposed to be stuck with em. Because raks, from what I can tell, are not supposed to be just another arrangement of HP, SP and skill points. And let us not forget that the raks get some awesome HP, SP and skill points. For instance the tiger raks get the most HP of any single tile creature!

I am sure the Ji's are quite similar to the jumpsuits and vests that the rogues get, and they sure help. And believe it or not, there are not actually that many guilds that give out guild only armor. There's only:
Rangers(maybe, and I bet their's suck), Archers(I know these one suck), Rogues(about the same as the Ji's from what I can tell), Mages(not very good either!) and Monks. Also, don't DSMs bungle? Last I checked most players use magic.

A greater protection amulet gives >protection< which cannot be learned of through drinking an enlightenment potion. Not resists, which can be learned of through a enlightenment potion. What >protection< does, from what I can tell, is take away a amount of damage from ALL attacks that is it meant to protect against.

The reason I am so vague on the matter of >protection< is because the only way we can find out about it and the specifics of it, is by asking the wizards.
At max, a rak monk is gonna save 10 skill points more than a caveman, that is if only they choose to use magic. If they don't use magic then they are not saving any skill points. What magic is a monk rak gonna use? mind magic? good luck with mind magic on a ghast or shog. Full heal with their 200hp and awful resists? thats not gonna get them very far. Training in life for resists?? thats -10 skill points down the drain. There are no benefits to being a rak monk, other then trying to top the most deaths list.

Raks are better off being guildless than in monks. -10 unarmed but you can cast all types of spells and wear all types of armor. Doesn't that say something about how bad the guild is? if a race can be guildless and still as effective as being in monks?

Rogues and rangers guild armor gives 28% to their particular element. Ji's give 0%. There is a big difference, not even close. You can bet they give more elemental ac than ji's too.