Thread: Monks Guild
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 12:22 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godhand View Post
notice im talking mainly about rak monks

1. I didn't pointed that out cause it was not important. A rak monk has a lot more problems to worry about then saving a few skill points.

2. Even if it is a bug, it doesn't change the fact that rak claws suck, if they don't suck why would raks use weapons?

3. Ji's are worthless. They are inferior to dsms, and other guild armors in every way. If ac is fixed ji's might help keep you alive 1 second longer, but thats *if ac is fixed*
Saving a few skill points (15 was it?) can make your character much more powerful.

The claws may suck, but guess what. You're supposed to be stuck with em. Because raks, from what I can tell, are not supposed to be just another arrangement of HP, SP and skill points. And let us not forget that the raks get some awesome HP, SP and skill points. For instance the tiger raks get the most HP of any single tile creature!

I am sure the Ji's are quite similar to the jumpsuits and vests that the rogues get, and they sure help. And believe it or not, there are not actually that many guilds that give out guild only armor. There's only:
Rangers(maybe, and I bet their's suck), Archers(I know these one suck), Rogues(about the same as the Ji's from what I can tell), Mages(not very good either!) and Monks. Also, don't DSMs bungle? Last I checked most players use magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
Have you ever taken a enlightenment potion without any armor and then with a gpro ammy, I want to know exactly what it prevents against.

People have taken efforts to see what epro rings omnirings and resist rings do, What exactly do gpro amulets/rings give % wise. I want to see that stuff, not just a bunch of people saying "it's great you should get 5 of them"

A greater protection amulet gives >protection< which cannot be learned of through drinking an enlightenment potion. Not resists, which can be learned of through a enlightenment potion. What >protection< does, from what I can tell, is take away a amount of damage from ALL attacks that is it meant to protect against.

The reason I am so vague on the matter of >protection< is because the only way we can find out about it and the specifics of it, is by asking the wizards.

Last edited by Hamel : 01-25-2009 at 12:26 PM.