Thread: Monks Guild
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 03:12 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godhand View Post

1. Monks lose -5 elements and arts while giving nothing, caveman on the other hand lose -10 but gives +100% hp bonus. Bottom line is caveman can still easily use full heal.

2. Raks using weapon as good as their claws is not a bug, its because their claws suck. Make a claw rak, axeman, blunt user, sword user, and magic whipper and compare the damage to raks. Raks are nothing special.

3. Pointless now, even more pointless in future. If armor gets fixed its even more pointless to be a monk. Think of all the other guilds with their heavy armor and monks with their cloth.

4. wrist wraps are the same bracers. +1 protection to all damage
On your first point: I was not saying that because they only lose -5 into arts and elements, that they are better at full healing. Though they do spend less skill points as they do not receive a minus to incantation. But I was simply mentioning a difference in the guild that benefits the monks that you seemed to have forgotten to mention. For instance, monks could train five life and get 20% resist spells, but the cavemen could never hope of any such thing.

On your second point: It's not a bug? That is strange, because I could have sworn I heard a wizard saying it was. EDIT: Heh, beat me to it, Valkon.

On your third point: To begin with, I was not speaking to you on this matter and I was talking about some elemental armor that the Ji's give, not normal armor which is a different matter entirely. Also, monks can use cloth armor just as easily as any other spell using people can, so the only thing that spell using monks are left out of compared to spell using cavemen is certain leather armors such as fedoras, and platinum which has only been in the game for about a year. Also, since they can use cloth armor they still have access to +armor items.

On your four point: I did not say they gave very much. I was simply saying that they do in fact do something.