Thread: Screenshots
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

They're Knop's items. He made so many weapon graphics that it's just impossible to add them all to the game in any reasonable amount of time as we'd end up with a lot of different items that are pretty much clones of each other. Instead we just wait until we have an idea for something and then bring one in (i.e. The Morgos Amulet graphic is something he did which I nabbed for a specific purpose). The current names of things in my inv were just names Knop gave to things (he gives all his art work names which we tend to completely change later). In reality they are no more developed than the bulk of weapons graphics that you can find on his website. The reason I used them was because at the time Rhialto wanted to upgrade the screenshot section of the website and he said that if you're going to take screenshots they should show off a wide array of areas and inv items. So I made a point not just to switch my items around from screenshot to screenshot, but I picked the best looking ones that were around which were Knop's. Unfortunately, I also stupidly thought to show off my pear graphic which is oh so horrible, so my judgement at the time is not as developed as it is now.

But, anyway, every single item you see there was carefully placed and every screenshot was carefully planned. I posed for them all, waited for the right moment to get a wide array of monster spells flying at me, shot my own spells at key moments...I even picked the text you would see (when I found some that I thought was a good example of an ideal playing environment I turned autoscroll off and scrolled up to it).