Thread: Mage build
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 09:02 AM

Penny has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Penny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessikha View Post
With 0 earth trained, my conjurer's resist petrify spell has never been so weak as to let me be petrified. I can be fighting in a room of medusas, stonewinds flying everywhere, and still never get petrified. With 0 earth, you have a 40% resist, which apparently is enough (sometimes it's 44 with my shield of power). If you're still sketched out about it, you could get SoP + x2 rings of earth magic + amulet of earth magic for a 56% petrify resist; 4% less than a scroll's 60%.

Resist magic makes you take less damage from spells such as magic mine, destruction, and...I think that's it. It's pretty much only useful in PvP against death mages like Salkand.
AD's and OLs (orca liches) can still petrify you with a 40% resist, although most monsters can't.

I think resist magic helps a little against dragon breathe too (although I don't recommend running into a Wyvern nest with only resist magic though). Also, I find it a bit odd how life magic training helps with resistance against death magic (it makes sense, but other resists aren't like this). When you cast a fie resist it's a fire spell, yet it tells you that you feel a puff of cool air (fire isn't very cool, it's kinda' hot, actually, lolz). I'm not complaining though, just saying.