View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 11:12 AM

Ploog has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Ploog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcow View Post
Well, I've heard claims and rumors, but as far as I can tell, a electrum sword is just a (massive) diamond sword laced with static blade.

So...since electrum is better, how come everyone uses diamonds? What should I use?
That's swords, what about clubs, axes, and daggers?
So I did not read what everyone else said, and it depends on what you are doing.

I did see what Binsenkind posted, sry, and I totally disagree. If you want a weapon that does both, then you will have a weak weapon. What I mean by both, is full cut to shock resist monsters, or elec damage to non shock resist monters. The shock damage that you will do will be weak compared to a 'good' electrinum weapon. Electrinum is for electricity, and diamond is for cut.

What peasemaster means, is that a caveman with clubs really has no use for electrinum weapons. Diamond clubs will kill anything pretty fast as most monsters in a rd has little to no smash resist, excluding the infamous air elementals.

What I do: I prefer weapons that only do elemental damage, as I skip all monsters that are resistant to elemental magic in a rd. If I manage to get myself stuck in a rd with a elemental resistant monster, then my extra strength will kill the monsters, otherwise I will teleport.(I teleport for non giants) Diamond weapons are good for all monsters but xipes in a rd, and those are a huge nusiance. Having all elemental damage weapons, or smash damage(clubs) is awesome in a rd. Reapers/xipes/medusas/shogs/monopods can all be killed easily/faster with elemental weapons.

Besides, an electrinum sword is not massive. It is 1 handed. All smithed axes are 2 handed, and clubs can go either way. No matter if a giant makes the electrinum sword or not, it will still be 1 handed(non massive).