View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 10:18 AM

Ploog has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Ploog

It doesn't matter what the level cap is, unless you are an axemen, or a level 34 with 2 rings of perfect weapon skill, and even then, you will only attain 50. Overtraining does not work, and axemen are the only ones lucky enough to get so much weapon skill, that at level 27+(frost giants or dwarves) if they train to their level in axes, then they can attain more then 50 axes. If there isn't a cap, then the damage over 50 is so insignificant, why bother?

Like I said for the other races/guilds, it does not matter if there is a level cap, because a level 30 paladin, with 30 swords trained, and 10 from guild, can only get 46 swords. level 35+ for anything 50 weapon skill or higher.

Since these have been aswered already, and I am bored, I will answer them with what I know. x.x

1. Strength affects all melee weapons damage. Some races are better known for strength increasing damage then others, as that is a no brainer, that a stone giant will be more powerful then a pixie.

2. As a ranger, training strength is not necessary to get the job done. Any strength you train is personal preference. If you wish to be PK oriented, then 20 strength is the way to go. If only PvE is what you are looking for, save the points for air instead, as magic whip and static blade will be better then 20 strength and 25 death.

3. Find Weakness works on all weapon skills.

4. I get crucified for my explanation on FW. Listen to what other people have to say.

5. Yes. You can cast static blade, and then flame blade, but not in the opposite order, as to cast a blade spell, your weapon needs to be brand new, 0% damaged. Flame blade does 1% damage to your weapon right after you cast it. Only 2 blade spells can be put on a weapon, and some weapons resist blade spells, such as enchanted weapons(like +10 speed-+5 diamond axes for example can be used with blade spells)

6. Yes. Each race has different attacp speed caps, but overall, the only difference you will find is that a pixie or elf may get an extra attack per round every once in awhile at the higher levels. A giant with +10 speed weapon and 20 weapon skill has max speed. Any other race will get max speed with about 30 in a weapon skill and having +speed weapons will do nothing to increase their speed.

7. As a conjurer, Mana Shield is the way to go. As a whipsman, Spam healing is the way to go. If you are going to use mana shield, do not even think of going whipsman. With all of the negatives(-10 in evocation, incantation, enchantment, -10 in fire/water/life/spirit/mind/earth) you will get no where. A conjurer only gets -10 in evocation/enchantment/incantation. To be a spam healing ranger though, you will need 17+ incantation. 24 is ideal, but most likely unattainable by even the expert players. 20 is a good stopping point.

8. Spam healing is sort of how you questioned it. Spam healing is meant for you to last long. With low hp, you will be killed faster then you can heal, so mana shield is better. With a medium hp, you can take the hits, and heal it up again, ready for the next volley of hits. With high hp, the heal spell is ideal. I am talking of 400+ hp is ideal for the heal spell. 200-400 hp is ideal for spam healing, and anything less then that is for mana shield. Having 2 melees basically doubles your base hp, so you can throw that into acount too, if you have them, and spam heal, such as Krayzee.

9. There is no player made formulas for the blade spells, unless you are looking at scrolls. Each scroll is about 10 in the elements of that spell. Just know, that the more death you have, the better vampire blade is, and for fire and air is the same thing. You may stop noticing the damage increase in the short run, but if you average everything out over time, you will find that the highest amount of that element is the best.

10. Summoning is pointless IMO, so I will not post anything, because though I tried it once, it was slower then what I could kill. Don't bother with it, unless you want to have fun.

11. Imp Crown= Expensive and rare. Good luck getting a cheap one anyways. Here are the Stats: +1 in all arts, +20 sp, +1 life/spirit/death/mind, xray vision(limited), darksight(limited), and see invisible(limited). I say limited, because those stats on the imp crown are not worth it really. What I am trying to say is, that if those are the reasons you want the imp crown, then don't bother.

12. Amulet, rings of death= +1 death each. Amulet of Morgos=race dependant(1-3). Imp crown= +1 death. Shield of power= +1 death. Serpent Helm= +1 death. Staff of death(mages guild only)= +2 death.

13. Minor/Medium/Major healing is all ratios. What kathy gave was nice to look at, but if you take the formula literally, you will be dissapointed. Just know that with about 10 life, Minor gives about 15, medium gives about 25, and major gives about 45. 14 incantation is max to decrease the costs on these spells. In fact, 14 in an art is max for decrease in spells with a 9 lore or lower. With 10 lore+ spells, you can sc**** off a sp or 2 with 15 in an art. Lowest sp cost for minor healing= 1 sp, medium= 3sp, major heal=5 sp, heal spell=9, mana shield =4.

14. I believe what I just posted for weapon max should about cover(look for my post just before this one)

15. There is no accurate formula for any weapon damage. You can only guesstimate on the damage using WC of weapons. Krayzee has some fun ones to look at, but nothing is accurate. Use experience and accurate testers, and not imaginary tests such as Narhalles.

16. Same as 15.

17. Narhalles already said that most people do not use shock resist in PvP. I laughed when I saw this. Almost everyone uses shock/fire/water resist in PK when fighting multiple people. Rarely do people find themselves needing magic/earth/death resist(though these resists in PK are becoming more common). When in PK, rangers suck. With 30% in magic resist and shock resist, and if you use flame blade, with 30% fire resist, your damage to the other player will probably be about 1/3 of its full potential. Or if you think like Narhalles, no matter what % resist the other player has, you will still be hitting massively. What he thinks, is that when he sees "You shock Ploog with a massive bolt of lightning" that it does good damage. Messages can be decieving, as that message could equal about 10 damage done to me.

18. Halfling: Base hp: 35, Base sp: 70
Growth: hp[+4] sp[+7]
Level 25: hp[131] sp[238]

Human: Base hp: 40, Base sp: 50
Growth: hp[+4] sp[+4]
Level 25: hp[136] sp[146]

19. This is a question that has no answer. All characters and guilds depends on the person playing them. By easy, most people consider easy by fast, and they are experienced. By easy as from a newer players standpoint, no. rangers are not easy. You will get either low resists/no resists, or you will get low attack ratings to get your resists. Rangers are reserved as 'easy' for experienced players.

20. People consider them easy to level, because the monsters that count have no resists to magic/air, killing them extremely fast. If you are not experienced, then you will probably be on who argues that monsters are immune or highly resistant to your damage, and these are the people who will die a lot, or level very slowly.

21. Darksight/xray increase range for a few levels with air magic. Lightning shield/static blade get stronger with air magic. See invisible, water breathing, speed, invisibility, fly, only increase in length with more air, and speed doesn't really do anything(it doesn't do anything to players 25+ normally, unless poorly trained). Darksight and xray also increase in length with more air magic.

22. Well, for the first few levels trained in lore, you get 10 lore points per skill point used. Past that you get a little bit more, but I forget how much. Spells use 1 lore point for every lore level the spell is. Ex: A lore 17 spell, uses 17 lore points, and a Lore 1 spell, uses 1 lore point.

23. Poison as a spell is completely worthless. It is probably broken, becaue it does 1-2 damage if that the whole duration of the spell no matter the death level. If that isn't broken, then I do not know what is.

Good Luck. My last piece of information to give, is do not listen to anyone who does not at least have a HoF, especially Narhalles. Even people with HoF's can be misleading with their information. Choose who you listen to wisely and you could be a great player.

Last edited by Arilou : 04-28-2007 at 08:29 AM. Reason: The rules are clear on making two posts in a row.