View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 08:49 PM

Ploog has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Ploog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrxi View Post
That's unfortunate about static blade as I get bonuses to air for being a Conjurer. What about Vampire Blade? Would that be at all useful, or not really because it's another death spell?
Air is quite useful for other spells, so it helps out. I think it even helps the duration of magic whip, but that is irrelevant as it is easy and cheap to cast. Such spells as Flying, Darksight, Speed, Resist shock. Those are all very good air spells and the flying really helps out so you can use a different amulet other then 'of the eagle' such as 'of death protection'. Trust me when I say that it isn't worth it to not fly. =(

Vampire blade is very useful and you see a lot of people using it, but there is 1 downfall to it. You can only cast it on normal weapons. I mean just a regular bullwhip, or whip of thorns, or just whip. It will not cast on the conjured Magic Whip, or any whip that has a + stat such as damage or accuracy or durability. I have also heard that the durability on such whips, though it was improved, is still unreliable as far as lasting.

Magic whip I would say to use though still, having around 15 death magic or 20 would be nice in the long run, and then to counter the mobs with magic resist, use flame blade or frost blade. You should be able to kill anything with either of the 3.

Other fun spells with death is like darkness and stuff >.> I don't remember the whole spellbook arsenal for death spells but there was a few that was cool that a ranger could use. The main use though was for magic whip.