View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 04:37 PM

Godhand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkand View Post
So as a counter to me explaining how these spells are useful, and how they can augment, which means help fireball and blizzards. You pretty much answer with, "nope, they are useless." thus reestablishing the mindset that I just worked against.

And the reagents are too difficult to get? Are your legs broken or are you just lazy?

and if I ever find myself surrounded by 5+ wyverns, destruction actually becomes a cheap method of killing all 5 really fast.
Errr, did i not give the reason why they were useless/suck?? I counter by giving reasons why they suck, not just saying they were useless. I backed up my claim.

Well, when I said all these spells were useless/suck I didn't really meant that, what i mean was that compared to fireball/blizzard all these spells are useless.

Salkand, "if I ever find myself surrounded by 5+ wyverns, destruction actually becomes a cheap method of killing all 5 really fast."

Guess what? if i find myself surrounded by wyverns i use Blizzard, didn't cost a thing and kills every single one of them, even on the outer edge of the map.

Anatil, "but what if the monster is in your face? The ball spells will pass through it."

You know that this is a mages dream?? to have 4-5 monster in your face. all it takes is alias to easily wipe them out.

Lanterra, "Also I've heard destruction can be good if you find yourself surrounded by things like diamond golems."

destruction is never useful for monster killing, so your calling 20+ destructions to kill diamond golem a good thing?? All that money wasted and time collecting reagents for that??

Hamel, "Who uses air? People who know just how awesome it is. Since most monsters typically have less resistance to shock damage, air magic can be very powerful. Thunderstorm is especially useful against LQ bosses and large crowds of tough monsters. You can't catch running monsters with it? Who in their right mind would waste a thunderstorm on a monster that's running away?!"

Well most monster that have less resistance to shock, guess what?? they also susceptible to either fire or water. thunderstorm on lq bosses?? who in their right mind would do that?? you have less chance of winning than a lvl 15 meleer.

dracco, "Hey, I used Thunderstorm all the time while training. I carried 160 lightning stones in a bag of GH and had no trained strength with 2 omnis on (the reagents aren't too heavy when in a bag of GH). It took down reapers fast, along with any other monster that was in the room."

So can I, with one set of 7 fireballs. I didn't have waste any reagents for that matter or carry a ton of reagent, and i kill them faster than multiple thunderstorms.

You can use fireball/bizzard for practically every situation, its faster and cheaper. They only spells that i find useful with fireball/blizzard is firebolt and icestorm, to even kill faster while the fireballs are expanding. Also prismatic shield for even more damage at the same time. One thing about damaging loot, the faster you kill, the more loot you see.

If fireball/blizzard gets nerf in the future i can see a case for using the other spells, but why even bother with them now, when you can do just about everyting(damage wise) with fireball/blizzard. Kills faster, more efficient and cheaper.