View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 03:54 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

It is true that a lot of players, and most likely every player at one point or another in their wyvern career think that only a wizard can answer their question or that they are intitled to be able to talk to a wizard any time they like.

As far as I can determine there are only a few things that can be done about this situation.

Ignore it and allow them to keep their delusions.

Make a list of trustworthy players who have a good knowledge of the game so that new players can ask them question. Thus dooming said player to endless days anwering the question of newer players until they actually find something that does require a wizard's attention. Assuming of course said player doesn't flat out refuse to answer the question because he can't be bothered with a new players dirvle, forgetting that he probably asked the same question back in the day.

The Wizards can fade into obscurity so that the only times anyone knows they are on is when a Wizard runs a event or a test is in progress, they hand out punishment to a particular player, Arilou types shout instead of wiz-tell (Or whatever the command is). This might break people of depending on wizards, though the wizards may find it tedious.

Or Simply install a erase (player names) brain button and just use that so that people forget their pointless questions.

There may be other options, but I am too lazy to think of them at this moment.