View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 02:02 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

and I am sure this Dwarf fortress also makes enough money for a little something that I doubt Rhialto is able to do right now.

Something we have all overlooked, something so huge that it could in fact effect the player-base of wyvern itself!

ADVERTISEMENT!

As far as I know, Wyvern is only advertised through sites that have heard of the game and put them in their game list. Meaning you either have to make a broad search of Online games, or Online games and Wyvern to find us.

Games like runescape and adventure quest and whatever else used advertisement to get noticed. Now pretty much everyone knows who they are and they were able to cut back on their ads, but I have never seen a real ad for wyvern.

Of course the game is in beta, so it would be useless to waste money on ads right now, which is why you may not any. But we still need to factor this in when thinking of the player-base.

Think of it this way, wyvern has roughly 100+ players who log on per month, and we accomplished this with no ads. If we did have advertisement . . .