View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 02:10 AM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Quote:
Originally Posted by teshuvah
This particularly player that started this thread, brought up issues we'd answered 100 times in the past. And he didnt want answers, he wanted things "his way".
All I asked for were theories on why the player database was dropping, I even said that there were more than likely various possibilities, and too broad of a subject to successfully narrow it down to any one area of game play. I never gave any particular reason or fact (as I didn't have any factual information) about the situation.

Now I admit and apologize that I have been as selfish in the past as to base ideas off of what I wanted, but near the end all my ideas, regardless of how bad of an idea it was was focused on what I thought would help game play and player experience, including several ideas that would be harmful or useless to myself. And I admit that when platinum came out I was disappointed due to personal issues, but I was not wrong that they were not balanced, I was just too stupid to express this in a respectful and well thought out post, which came from another player at a later date resulting in the price increase of which I believe there have been several.

But still, regardless of that, I have never wanted to change Wyvern into the way I wanted things, at the time of each post I really thought that the idea might help improve the game, and that was all it really was, an idea. A lot of the people who read those ideas took them much too seriously, and acted against them as if I had some magical power to make those ideas happen unless someone stopped me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warcow
Nobody questions the wizards’ integrity or dedication, but somehow, somewhere along the line, you’ve let your powers and responsibilities separate you from the very people you’re trying to serve and protect.
Now this I do not agree with, I always liked to think that maybe, just maybe one of my friends was also a wizard (unlike most people though, I would not want to know if this were true or not, and I was always doubted that it was). But I knew that the wizards played alts, and I used this to assume that they understand a lot of player frustrations, even if they might not be able to understand all of them.

Anyway, the original purpose of this thread was to give theories on why our player-base was dropping, and possible fixes to obtain us more members, but when I made this I myself didn't understand the lack of Rhialto problem. So this thread really doesn't have much use anymore other than an area for players to rant about what they perceive as unfair.