View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 06:16 AM

Exile has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I've always thought there should be a difference in the amount of whips each section gives. One is based on melee, while the other is based on magic, it doesn't make sense they each give the same bonus to whips. Conjurers is much more enticing than Whipsman because of this reason; you get more bonuses, with much less negatives. A bonus to whips on the whipsman section sounds like a bit much though, so conjurers could be taken down to 5, but then have the enchantment negative lowered, or removed. That will allow them to cast blade spells and mana shield much easier, and in my opinion, balance out losing 5 whips.

Whipsman should receive either an increase in the amount of hp they get per guild level (to 6 or 7%) or 5 healing skill, or 5 strength. I say this because Paladins receive more hp per level while being able to cast spells and heal themselves, and Cavemen have around the same amount of negatives yet have double the hp bonus. They're very unappealing for that reason, they have less bonuses than any other melee guild, while having more negatives. I feel like they aren't even on par with anyone, and the only reason people make them is for the image.

There could be separate guild shops for each section of the guild, each giving different armors and weapons than the current ones. These could be the same armors, yet tweaked, recolored, or renamed for each section. Whipsman could receive armors that give more AC and weapons that have elemental damages greater than conjurers(since they'd have to scroll blade spells onto their whips instead of casting it). While conjurers could receive weapons and armors that increase conjuration/death etc.(resists still?), to help them along with summoning. Summoning would have to be tweaked yet again to keep them as summoners though, since summons right now are pretty.. bad and useless. +2 conjuration to conjurers? Better summoning spells for them? As in better monsters, having them charmed from when you summon them, or being able to choose what monster you summon from which spell.

The selection of whips, well, good whips, is very limited. Magic whip and platinum whip are the only viable and useful whips in my opinion. The guild whips seem to be lacking completely behind these two, which makes sense, but I personally don't like. For whipsman they're your only way to get different elemental damage types unless you go and waste money constantly on blade scrolls. That's on top of wasting money on pots for things conjurers can go without. Gem whips? I'm sure that'd make more than just me happy.

Seeing as how neither section can wear cloaks, maybe they should both receive 10 dodge like other guilds that can't wear a certain armor. Or guild cloaks could be made that don't 'restrict' your movement and give bonuses to certain things. Maybe even resists or special features to replace some cloaks you can't wear.

In my opinion whipsman should outdamage conjurers without question, while conjurers should still do decent damage, but be able to self resist themselves(if they train that way), cast blade spells and mana shield, and be able to summon efficiently. That would differentiate between the two, yet still make them functional, and show people they exist since they pretty much don't anymore.

Overall, I think the guild needs a complete overhaul, yet is incredibly hard to find a balance between the two without making them overbalanced or underbalanced. One side will always seem to have an advantage over the other, or over everyone else.

-I'll post anything else I can think of eventually..