Thread: Chat Event
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Okay so the email went out and thus we are now locked in the announced date and time. If you did not receive an email and you are sure it wasn’t because it found its way into the spam folder, (as it did for me ) the reason might be because you have not opted to accept emails from administrators. This doesn’t mean you won’t get an email announcing Rhialto’s game being released as I will override this option and send the email out to everyone for that purpose (as I did last time). However, I don’t like to bother people with mass emails, so feel free to keep that box unchecked or, if you’re reading this because you didn’t like receiving the email, go to your User CP --> Edit Options and uncheck “Receive Email from Administrators.” I will send out one more email about the Chat Event a few days before it takes place, but that’s it (don’t expect this to become a habit).

Edit: So gmail apparently likes to send anything mass sent from vbulletin into spam. I just sent a bunch of test emails to myself this way and they all went directly to the spam folder regardless of content. The last time I used this was in 2008 and I didn't have this problem then, but apparently idiots who don't realize they're being emailed for being apart of a forum they gave their email to have since been reporting similar mass emails as spam. Hopefully most those of you without gmail haven't had to dig through their spam folder for this, but this is rather disappointing regardless.