View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 12:26 PM

Klodin has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The problem I see with this system would be balance issues. Especially the extra types of attack damage. The game is built so that certain guilds can't kill certain things.

Like earthquake could completely invalidate the archer and mage aspects of the AV LQ.

Having guild specific skills is one thing, allowing guilds to instantly destroy monsters that they normally aren't able to harm is quite another. Paladins normally would get slaughtered by Thanatos. If Demon/Undead bane was sufficiently powerful, then Thanatos would become a joke.

Also, the pk guild teleport thing won't be allowed. A pker could be rding and suddenly a fellow pker pops up, kills him, and claims the rd.

Do I even have to MENTION the problems with restore? 20 sp for a one time use every few minutes. Wow. A bonus meditation round. Helpful. If there's no restrictions, then: UBER-PIXIE!

Something more realsitic would be to give an ability that is actually more usefull than their main-weapon + rods.

Giving them a new attack undermines the purpose of smash immune monsters or fir eimmune monsters for example. And paralysis, confusion, etc. can all be induced by rods anyway.

MY suggestion is to give either a ability that grants a bonus at a cost:
Archmage - Overcharge 25% extra damage for 50% additional mana cost
Conqueror - Blood Rage 20% extra damage Take 50% extra damage from attacks

OR a Completely seperate ability:
Grandmaster Archer - Fletch
Criminal Mastermind - Rob NPC (% chance to take item from a NPC, with 50% chance to be wnated by guards if you fail. Also 50% chance to make the monster hostile to you)

Last edited by Klodin : 07-10-2008 at 12:51 PM.