Thread: Mage build
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 04:08 PM

Jessikha has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajarang View Post
I mean that if I go off the build blackbeard posted then won't that affect my resist spells? Since with no earth my resist petrify wont be strong enough, Does enchantment not do anything to resist spells effect or time length?

The resist magic spell what exactly does that resist? Does it resist all magic spells or certain ones? I never understood it since I never used it.
With 0 earth trained, my conjurer's resist petrify spell has never been so weak as to let me be petrified. I can be fighting in a room of medusas, stonewinds flying everywhere, and still never get petrified. With 0 earth, you have a 40% resist, which apparently is enough (sometimes it's 44 with my shield of power). If you're still sketched out about it, you could get SoP + x2 rings of earth magic + amulet of earth magic for a 56% petrify resist; 4% less than a scroll's 60%.

Resist magic makes you take less damage from spells such as magic mine, destruction, and...I think that's it. It's pretty much only useful in PvP against death mages like Salkand.