View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Player Mod

Nodlove has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malocoth View Post
Saw the new thread in http://www.reddit.com/r/wyvernrpg/co...w_game_update/ i know we've all been waiting so long for this
Not to burst your bubble, and I'm sorry for how disorganized this is, but take it or leave it for what it is. I'm not excited about any promises Rhialto makes anymore. I mean, really, if you go through the timeline and look at how many times we've been promised something vs. how many times it's actually happened, the odds are severely stacked against an October closed beta. Some other interesting things about this, promises are always "by the end of the summer," then, "by October," THEN "by the end of the year," and finally, "Sometime early next year." The only time I will get excited is when I'm able to download and play something, until then, I kind of wish he wouldn't update us.

March, 2012 (After picking up the server, from the thread on Player's Letter to Rhialto):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhialto via Bullfrogz
Now begins the long process of porting the whole thing over to Amazon's cloud services. Hopefully I can finish this summer.
October, 2012 (On a route he wishes to pursue, remaking, open sourcing, selling, etc. Wyvern) from New Response from Rhialto:
Quote:
Just be patient for a bit longer. I expect to have to make a final decision by next summer.
Easter, 2013 (Easter Update):
Quote:
But I do not expect to open the doors to players until sometime in Fall or possibly even Winter. So we're talking a schedule that's not too far out -- it's sort of like The Last of Us or GTA V: a 2013 launch. But it's not likely to happen before late Fall.

This is just a few of the unfulfilled promises from Rhialto. And this was just on bringing back an existing game, let alone creating a new one. I would go through all of the threads and find each promise, but I just realized after spending about an hour on this that it'd be a huge endeavor to find all of the promises. However, I encourage you to trudge through all of the old posts within the last few years and find all the relevant reading material. Whether you will or will not remain optimistic is up to you, but I am an optimist and I've given up all but a glimmer of hope.