View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 05:44 PM

Warcow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Thumbs up Achieve!

Hey guys, good to remember familiar names..

Interesting post, Arilou
The part about players achieving and achieving, eventually burning out grabbed my attention. I've given it a bit of thought, since I am currently someone with (somewhat) ample time for thinking

I am an achiever, in Wyvern and in life. For me, the best part of many things I do is the process of becoming better. Things like playing the guitar or training in martial arts; things you can’t simply master, they’re things you can always strive to get better at.
To me, Wyvern was one of those things. Sure, I RD’d, went on AV runs, and grinded for xp like everyone else. But I also explored and tinkered with my characters and the game in every aspect I could, always trying to find new ways of becoming craftier, more innovative, and more efficient.

Though xp and gold wasn’t my greatest focus while playing the game, it was still the solid foundation I had to build my characters upon. It’s like practicing scales on the guitar or doing drills while training, sure they get repetitive at times, but they help, a lot. Thankfully, there’s plenty of ways around the boring parts, in life and Wyvern. In life, I can practice with a friend; in Wyvern, you can go adventuring with a big band of people, or RD with a friend, which was something I highly advocated (a good part of Warcow’s climb to level 31 was done RDing with Antithigram)

At the time I was banished, the game was still very fun for me and steadily becoming even more fun. I’d like to entertain the idea that when I was part of the Wyvern Community, maybe I was also making the game slightly more fun for the people I played with. Who knows, if I’m welcome to, maybe I’ll come back and stick around a bit this summer.