Thread: Traps
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 01:56 AM
Player Mod

Rarkvar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

At first I was watching a video of a Zeik LQ and saw all the mana drain traps and thought "man I'd hate to have to wade through all those traps with those massive diamond golems after me" and then realized that traps were never a big threat to me which made me wonder why traps weren't that dangerous (aside from the dreaded high level magic trap when teleport fails).
Quote:
1: I know there is a find-traps spell, is there a skill for it as well and does the spell/(skill) work?
Only if the traps are next to you.
Quote:
2: Last time I played, the majority of traps were negated by flying. Is it still like this?
We have net traps now.
Quote:
3: Have traps ever been a big threat to any of you? In my past experiences I only remember getting stuck in webs and teleporting away when I hit a magic trap.
Mana traps suck considering I play as a mage. Net traps and web traps during the Gore and Dogore fights are almost instant death. Good thing I invest in portable holes lol. Summon traps in high level areas are the worst though. Monopods and ghasts, ew. Human mages aren't built to handle that.
Quote:
4: What's your most hated (or deadliest) trap you've encountered?
Answered above.