View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 09:25 PM

jezrald has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverquit View Post
*30 RANGE: 20 trained 10 from guild, 30 is a ok of a number for rding but LQ's forget about it max it out for that.
*15 FIND WEAKNESS:
*5 STRENGTH: dont know how much incantation i need to cast strength nor do i know of a earth incantation besides strength didnt copy any information off website incase it went down, also heard a rumor strength doesnt affect range damage FW does i dont know if its true never tested it i guess nows the perfect time as any.
*20 EARTH: -5 guild leaves me 15 if i am correct with guild negative
*10 LORE:
*10 CONJURATION: 10 i think its a safe number for create earth wall spell the sites down so i dont know exactly how much conjuration/lore you need to cast earth wall, and dont know if its a evocation or conjuration spell.
*5 LIFE: for duration of earth wall spell
*5 HEALTH: lastly 5 in health to regenerate hp just using potions stinks at times. Bringing me to barely geting by with 30X3=90 skill points that i have.
Some notes here from what I can remember/look up on archive.org:
  • Archer's Guild only gives negatives to arts, not elements.
  • You don't need any specific element or art skill (beyond 0, anyway) to cast earth wall or strength. [Jezrald casts strength occasionally for heavy loads with only a few life and I think 0 earth; it works quite well, surprisingly.]
  • You'll need meditation, obviously. [Even without using mana shield, you'll need some to recover from all those walls.]
  • Archers get a full +10 FW, and there's a fairly cheap item (woodland gloves) that gives +1 FW as well, so you only need 9 trained.
  • As far as I know strength in no way affects ranged damage; I could be mistaken, of course.
  • Unless you have something in mind I'm not aware of, lore 10, conj 10, and 20 earth seem a bit excessive. Lore 3 or 4 should be fine, and you only need to out-train -5 conj; I don't know how much earth is needed to make good walls, though.
  • Make sure to get lots of speed-boosting, which (at present) is the only thing that affects ranged attack rate.

Oh yeah, and Jezrald wears plat all the time. It's pretty great. (He also uses a riagor-skin vest for DR-heavy areas, sometimes.) Remember to dual-shield.

Jezrald is a Level 27 Halfling Archer; my other alts are all below 20.