View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 02:59 PM

snakesses has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Naga mage/unguilded/monk?

After dying twice within 5 minutes yesterday (both to DB from a wyvern, once while fighting a fire shog), I decided that it was probably time for a change. I am currently a naga monk and it works out for the most part. I have 5 caps (1 agility +10 turban, 2 agility +10 jaunties, 1 agility +9 jaunty, and 1 agility +8 jaunty) and all the amulets I need. I use scrolls for my resists, but I still die more than the usual level 26 person. Having had 5 giant imp crowns for a very long time, i've decided that the best route for me would probably be a mage. I will untrain all 14 incantation I have and 2 meditation (currently 15 trained, 16 total) and train 16 in fire (15 after negative). Then I will add 5 more fire over time as I gain levels in the guild by reducing my meditation. My plan is to use 3 imp crowns and 2 wizard's caps for a total of 7 in all arts, and +3 in life/death/mind/spirit, +100 mana, and +2 meditation. All I'm worried about is the -5 in unarmed and -5 in melee (apparently it makes you lose a percentage of damage dealt). I could make a variation of this by being unguilded, though I wouldn't have any meditation bonus/guild mana bonus (can't use wizard's caps).

Sorry about the long post. Input/ideas are appreciated. I will still be using melee for the most part with fire magic to take care of reapers and such.