Thread: Monks Guild
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 11:22 PM

Godhand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamel View Post
On your first point: I was not saying that because they only lose -5 into arts and elements, that they are better at full healing. Though they do spend less skill points as they do not receive a minus to incantation. But I was simply mentioning a difference in the guild that benefits the monks that you seemed to have forgotten to mention. For instance, monks could train five life and get 20% resist spells, but the cavemen could never hope of any such thing.

On your second point: It's not a bug? That is strange, because I could have sworn I heard a wizard saying it was. EDIT: Heh, beat me to it, Valkon.

On your third point: To begin with, I was not speaking to you on this matter and I was talking about some elemental armor that the Ji's give, not normal armor which is a different matter entirely. Also, monks can use cloth armor just as easily as any other spell using people can, so the only thing that spell using monks are left out of compared to spell using cavemen is certain leather armors such as fedoras, and platinum which has only been in the game for about a year. Also, since they can use cloth armor they still have access to +armor items.

On your four point: I did not say they gave very much. I was simply saying that they do in fact do something.
notice im talking mainly about rak monks

1. I didn't pointed that out cause it was not important. A rak monk has a lot more problems to worry about then saving a few skill points.

2. Even if it is a bug, it doesn't change the fact that rak claws suck, if they don't suck why would raks use weapons?

3. Ji's are worthless. They are inferior to dsms, and other guild armors in every way. If ac is fixed ji's might help keep you alive 1 second longer, but thats *if ac is fixed*

4. Yes, i know i was letting people know how much protection they give.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
I have never seen it proven that a gpro ammy actually helps against recoil, mostly it has just been accepted as for best non spell resists, I think e pro rings, omni resist and regular are way better than gpro, as for resist scrolls, like i said just as good as the next guy's
Greater protection protects from all types of damages. Recoil is a type of damage is it not? So how can you not see that it protects from recoil? are you blind?

Nagas hydras have natural ac acid resist,cut,stab,and smash. With 400+hp and 4-5 greater protection ammy, their resists are way better than average.