View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 06:42 AM

Matalino has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Questions: Human Staff/Earth hybrid...thing

Whoa, hello! It has been nearly 2 years or so since I've last played this and I've forgotten quite a bit. (Formerly Mage-Scholar)

So, I'm experimenting with a build and I don't quite know what I should do with it now. I'm making a Human: Staff & Life/Earth. Most encounters involve buffing up with Strength and Life Blade and hunting down undead, and casting heal and static blade. Occasionally if I need more help, I use a summon monster spell to help out (usually to block passageways, such as in RD).

I was wondering, are there any other staves besides Heavy Staff, Staff, and Quarterstaff? I've been finding that the Quarterstaff is amazing since it strikes extremely fast and decently hard. Also, what skills should I be training? Currently I have 7 Staff Weapon and 3 Strength. Do I need more Strength or any other skill?

Magic-wise, I can't decide with what to do with it. I don't want to throw Fire or Water into the mix (I accept the fact that I may not be able to do high-end stuff), but I can't decide if I want to go Life/Earth or just Life. Currently 6 Life for better summon monster, but should I pour skill points into Earth to pump up my Strength spell? Should I get more Enchantment to make the Blade and Strength spells cheaper? Or should I pursue a Conjuror-esque or Paladin-esque type of character?

Skillwise:
7 Staff
6 Life
3 Strength
3 Lore
1 Incantation
1 Enchantment
1 Meditation
1 Dodge, 1 Conjuration (Accidental trainings. Mistakened the trainers)

Should I throw Find Weakness in there? Should I train into Earth since I wanted to make a Staff/Earth character? What spells would I use and would help? Also, does Slow effect monster attack speed, or movement only?

I know, lots of questions, but I'm just looking for some planning help. Anyway, enjoy!