View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 12:06 AM
Player Mod

Irlazy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Take my advice on this and don't "make" a black smith. Make a normal axe user (I advise dwarf if you want to smith), HoF, and then retrain. It will be semi expensive but I tried to HoF a smith and it got too hard and I had to retrain full fighter then retrain back to a smith so i could HoF. If you get your dwerfy to 25 then you have 25 trained axes, 4 from natural ability, 6 from perfect axe rings, and 10 from guild giving you 45 total weapon skill and the 25 blacksmith trained, 4 from natural ability, 5 from guild, and 3 from gloves giving you 37 smith skill totaling to 82 total blacksmithing skill to smith with. That means that at HoF you could have something lie 25axes, 20str, 15 healing, 5 merchant, 5 findweakness, and 5 spirit travel. Untrain the ST, FW, and 5 healing and you can max out your smith rate for elec or untrain some strength too and go higher on BS. Not sure if that would help your balanced elec rate (imagine it would) but it makes it so you can still train pretty effectively AND smith whatever you want whenever you have the slabs. Until 25 you will still be able to make mithril axes with natural/guild/bs gloves without trainins a single BS skill point. Anyway most of what I said was already said but just wanted to share what I think about trying to make a BS from level 1. And it will be expensive to retrain but it is easily managable to do it ( I am a poor person and I have retrained between BS and fighter 4 times since level 23... thought that could be why I am always poor too...)