Thread: New race?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 09:58 PM

Zeofar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The "pile of bones" armored titan corpse is just a placeholder because they don't have custom corpses. Ideally, it would just show a collapsed armored titan like most other custom corpses in the game.
As far "scratching" enemies to death, I do agree that there are some problems reguarding scale and fighting monsters (How should even a paladin with a sword be able to kill an armored titan?), but some of it can be resolved with imagination. Rakshasa are most likely also using more than just "scratches"(Really slashes and rakes - They, like the big cats who use somewhat unfocused attacks, can probably disembowel a man), but a variety of martial moves, including palm strikes and kicks(If Rakshasa really don't have hands, punches are unlikely).
As for me not liking your suggestion: The idea of a bird-race such as the Kenku or some other race of bird men is not personally repugnant to me, it is rather the context which is amusing. In the chatbox, we were just discussing the amount of people who suggest a bird race (with a vague description like "hawk or eagle or something"). To add to that was a vaguely strange detail (two types of attacks, not unrealistic for the creature), which are commonly seen thrown in with new race ideas. Also, in a classic forum-newguy move, you posted it in an unrelated topic.
I was almost certain Arilou had made a new account just to post this for fun.