View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 02:05 AM

goonyton has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrogz View Post
False, that wasn't why he quit.
I did not say it was, I was using that as a frame of referiance for a time line to explane why I am not talking about anything that happened before that time.

Quote:
I never seen a post like that and if there was it probably was a joke knowing the wizards. I know a few who started in your time frame, including myself, and still play frequently just on alts. And the ones who did leave didn't leave because the game got boring it was for other reasons. I really don't see this game as something that bores you. If it does, than most of those who have left have returned multiple times to try out a new idea and just enjoy old times. Wyvern has the credit of having that special something in it. Also I have seen tremendous work done to create higher level weapons armor and stronger level LQs and bosses in the game that it is even more for higher levels than ever before in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
Because it's true bloogah. Players were never intended to stay here forever. We have said that many many times. Wyvern was intended to be played and then players to move on.
That's why the player count goes up and down in cycles. They go and more come.
If players just want to RD they are wasting a ton of game resources for nothing. And there are much better games out there for them to go play.
Arilou gives the link to them to find other free rpgs all the time.
And You didnt quote what the player said before I said that.
He said if no one would Rd with him he had no reason to stay online.
So yep, if you have no reason to stay online except to RD go find another game you'd enjoy more to "grind xp".
This thread was not how to get people to stay anyway.
It is to get NEW players to have an easier time in the tutorial/whe first playing and stay.
Quote:
You need to explore more, it was only a few RD's that I have seen get that done too. The two I use do not have a cap on them like that and still hold strong monsters.
Probably I have not messed with RDs much recently. The ones I like best are not likely something that the wizards would mess with as almost noone can find them. That said I have not been to them recently to see if they have been changed or not. I can think of 4+ of the easy to find ones that are easy to get to and have been popular, that have been messed with recently. (Three I know of from personal experaince 4th I have just heard talk of, I have not tested)