Thread: Monks Guild
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 04:24 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godhand View Post
Rak monks on the other hand, just join cavies cause monks suck. Cavies gets to wear all types of armor the monks can only wear cloth, caveman gets a 100% hp increase while monks get +10 mind and + 10 healing, cavies raks with clubs can easily outdamage monk raks with claws.

Cavie raks get the vital bonuses while monks raks get bonuses like, +10 mind and +10 healing which is very good for certain situations like, say your getting cornered by a group of goblins,bees, or elves the healing bonus will come in handy. The mind magic bonus is also very helpful cause you can charm powerful monsters like centaurs, elven wizards and ogres. If you don't want to charm them you can fear, paralyze, or confuse them, which is fun, but in the end it doesn't get you anywhere.

I noticed that you forgot to mention some other differences between the two guilds.

Monks only lose -5 into the magical arts and elements unlike the cavemen who lose -10, and the monks guild doesn't lose any meditation unlike the caveman's guild which loses five. These are both beneficial to the magic using monks.

Also, the last time I checked raks using weapons as good as their claws is a bug. And I suspect it will be fixed one of these years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunt View Post

the ji's that only monks can wear, don't resist near as much as dsm's. in fact a ji of the xorn that is supposed to be like a black dsm doesn't give acid resist, only acid ac which is pointless to even wear.

the only other monk-only armor are wrist wraps.......they dont do anything.
Pointless to wear now, but perhaps not in the future when armor is fixed. Most of these balance issues it seems are coming from bugs that R already knows of.

Also, it turns out that wrist wraps actually give protection, not armor. Though not a lot of protection admittedly, there is still some. So they do accomplish something.