Wyvern Forums

Wyvern Forums (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyvern Help (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Strength Spell (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1518)

Penny 04-26-2008 09:16 AM

Strength Spell

Ok, I'm trying to find something to untrain so I can have more skill points for other things (like find weakness, spirit magic, and life magic).
I currently have five skill points trained in strength, but I recently learned the strength spell (although I have no Earth magic trained). So I was thinking that maybe it would be better to untrain strength and train more Earth (I also recently learned that 40% petri resist was not enough against ADs and OLs, so training Earth would have more than one purpose).
So anyway, with the strength spell, how much strength does each earth magic skill give? Is it more or less productive than the actual strength skill?

Jessikha 04-26-2008 12:13 PM

Well, I'll have to test it for you unless someone knows, but here's what I do know:

- 0 earth strength spell gives 3 strength
- 40% base petri resist + 4% per earth skill trained

At the very least, you can untrain 3 strength and just cast strength to maintain 5 strength. You could also untrain 5 strength and train it into earth, which would make you petrify immune (60%) and probably make your strength spell give 4-6 strength. I'm not sure how much earth is needed to boost strength.

Crier 04-26-2008 12:17 PM

If need be you could always just use a girdle of strength and some pots, thats an added 7 strength right there without wasting any skill points.

Penny 04-26-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crier (Post 25735)
If need be you could always just use a girdle of strength and some pots, thats an added 7 strength right there without wasting any skill points.

Well right now my strength is ten. I use a girdle and my spell, plus that five strength I have trained. I still have trouble carrying things sometimes too. :(

Ovrlndnsea 04-27-2008 12:40 AM

I have a complicated alias setup that uses two earth rings, an amulet of coran, and a shield of power to cast a 5str spell with 0 earth. The formula for str given by the spell is rounddown(3+earth/2).
The other half of that alias casts mana shield with 7 spirit, letting me have only two trained.

Penny 04-27-2008 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ovrlndnsea (Post 25744)
I have a complicated alias setup that uses two earth rings, an amulet of coran, and a shield of power to cast a 5str spell with 0 earth. The formula for str given by the spell is rounddown(3+earth/2).
The other half of that alias casts mana shield with 7 spirit, letting me have only two trained.

That sounds like a good idea. :o Thanks for the response.
I realize that this is probably a really stupid question, but are amulets of coran rare and expensive? :/

Warcow 04-27-2008 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ovrlndnsea (Post 25744)

I heard mana shield scales only with how many spirit you *currently* have, is that true?

penny, the amulet of coran is 50k in zifa's shop ...which is... surprise surprise, in Coran

Penny 04-27-2008 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warcow (Post 25747)
I heard mana shield scales only with how many spirit you *currently* have, is that true?

penny, the amulet of coran is 50k in zifa's shop ...which is... surprise surprise, in Coran

Oh yeeaaaah, Coran is a city, lol, I forgot.
50k is a lot, man. I mean, it's not that much, but it's not worth it... although it would save skill points.
Meh, I'll consider it.

Ovrlndnsea 05-04-2008 10:24 PM

FYI, I sometimes see those amulets for sale in the auction house for 10K.

Penny 05-04-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ovrlndnsea (Post 25810)
FYI, I sometimes see those amulets for sale in the auction house for 10K.

Really? I never see them. Which AH?

Ovrlndnsea 05-05-2008 03:46 PM

Last I saw one, it was in MAH, and was a few weeks ago.

Turns out I have one on an alt I can sell. Since that alt is scheduled for deletion, you can have it if you contact me ingame.

Penny 05-06-2008 03:09 PM

Ok, that's be great, thanks. When will you be on?

Mustard 10-11-2008 11:19 AM

40% petri resist isn't enough to protect from ADs?:yikes: