Wyvern Forums

Wyvern Forums (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyvern Help (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Wyvern on Linux (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1197)

furybreed 11-27-2007 10:03 PM

Wyvern on Linux

Alright, I recently formatted my old computer (everything..wiped it clean) and installed Linux. Therefore, I don't have Wyvern. So, I was wondering...when the game comes back up, are there any special requirements I'll need to download and play Wyvern through Linux? I'm also kind of doing this to see what I can do with it..I like it a LOT better than when I had 98 on this computer. If anybody could provide the system requirements, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Fury 11-27-2007 10:42 PM

No, sir, I happen to use Linux myself. There's a special link for us on the download page. :)

Creativity 11-28-2007 09:03 AM

Ah, that is good, but I don't remember if there was Wyvern for the mac. I got an Imac soon after I moved on from Wyvern so I don't know :/

And what about Wyvern Mobile? xD

Fury 11-28-2007 07:40 PM

You're on your own there :P

Mintaka 11-28-2007 08:15 PM

There was Wyvern that worked on Macs... I don't think I had to do anything fancy to get it to, either... you'll understand I don't really remember. But it definitely worked....

Creativity 11-29-2007 09:12 AM

That's good, I can understand fully, was just hoping someone would remember though lol :)

furybreed 11-29-2007 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fury (Post 23796)
No, sir, I happen to use Linux myself. There's a special link for us on the download page. :)

Alright..I'm glad now. I get Wyvern, Linux, AND Nethack all in one package! I'm gonna go look for whatever I just lost..thanks everyone. :)

xxMASTERFONGxx 11-29-2007 09:57 PM

I wonder if the could be any way to play wyvern on say one of those env's from verison, it could work, its got all the keys and arrow, kinda hummmm that would be cool

peacemaster 11-30-2007 08:21 PM

Yes, wyvern worked without any problems on linux. Infact that is actually the reason I started playing it :p

Nightswift 12-04-2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mintaka (Post 23808)
There was Wyvern that worked on Macs... I don't think I had to do anything fancy to get it to, either... you'll understand I don't really remember. But it definitely worked....

True it does work on Macs.. but the fact is that playing with a one button mouse is 10 times harder then playing with a two button mouse. If you use a Mac and play be ready to do alot of typing to make up for only one button.

Creativity 12-05-2007 03:42 PM

The mac does have two buttons people...

The mouse has one clicker, but it has two sensors. Next time your on one you can go to the system settings, and change it to a right click button. :)

randorxeous 12-05-2007 06:07 PM

Creativity is right. Or you can always add a 2 button mouse...
I played on a mac. I just had to play the pure java version. The mac version worked screwy with my computer.

furybreed 12-25-2007 04:03 PM

Ok, I've got another question real quick. Do I need Java to play Wyvern through Linux? I'm not sure if either of the distros I'm booting have Java or not, so I'm just making sure so that I'll know if I have to find a way to get Java before it comes back up.

Contrare 12-25-2007 04:15 PM

Yes, the Wyvern client requires Java when running on Linux (or any other OS).

Contrare