Wyvern Forums

Wyvern Forums (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyvern Help (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Diamond and Electrum, what's the big diff? Really. (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1075)

Warcow 04-25-2007 01:12 AM

Diamond and Electrum, what's the big diff? Really.

Well, I've heard claims and rumors, but as far as I can tell, a electrum sword is just a (massive) diamond sword laced with static blade.

So...since electrum is better, how come everyone uses diamonds? What should I use?
That's swords, what about clubs, axes, and daggers?

binsenkind 04-25-2007 04:55 AM

aloha...

good elec weapons do physical and magic damage :-)

peacemaster 04-25-2007 08:12 AM

basically depends on what you are fighting... for monsters with melee, resists, (xipes) elec is great... for others, diamond is way better....

Warcow 04-25-2007 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacemaster (Post 22136)
for others, diamond is way better....

how so? basically more physical damage?
I barely notice the difference...

then again, i barely notice the difference between Sword of Noir and Massive Diamond Sword

How about vs. monsters with no shock nor physical resistances?

Bullfrogz 04-25-2007 11:23 PM

Massive diamond would do more damage to a monster with no physical or shock resist.
The electrium depends on the smith, some of my electrium swords will only do shock, and some will do physical and shock, like binsenkind said. But I really only find use for electrium when fighting in RD's (xipes, reapers, run from armored titans), and some pk situations.

peacemaster 04-26-2007 04:36 AM

yea... just what froggy said... you basically chose either from elemental or melee damage... Even if elec can do melee damage, diamond will still outdamage elec... Its easiest to test it out and you will see which one suits you more for what situation. ps. I think I still have couple fresh elecs for sale :wink:

Namseer 04-26-2007 09:37 AM

Ahh, elecs are teh sweetness for RDssss cuz of Reapers really low resists to them...kill Reaps and Xipes uber quick which makes for good xpsss

Nightswift 04-26-2007 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacemaster (Post 22169)
Even if elec can do melee damage, diamond will still outdamage elec... :wink:

There is something in this statement that leads me to say this. False >.>
There I edited it for the false part.

peacemaster 04-26-2007 10:49 AM

Ok I admit :/ it might not be that many for sale... but some I have for sale for sure. on the other hand, I might have tonns for sale

quijote 04-26-2007 02:33 PM

Electrinums are great in RD's...for a while. The thing is that they soon lose their melee damage and all you're left with is puny shock.

peacemaster 04-26-2007 02:53 PM

Exactlly... thats why there will be a giant sword sale when wyvern is comming up :-)

Nightswift 04-26-2007 02:57 PM

When your rding with elec you only want it to do shock damage. If you come across something that you cant attack with shock then switch to a massive diamond. If its cursed have an uncurse alias and an alias to switch your weapons. You will do fine if you have both your elec and diamond at the top of your inventory. :wink:

quijote 04-26-2007 03:14 PM

that's not all that bad of an idea, but i'm one of the few pallies with only 1 lore xD

Nightswift 04-26-2007 03:24 PM

Remove curse is 5 lore. But it is well worth the extra skill points trust me.

Warcow 04-26-2007 05:12 PM

Yeah, I never have trouble using up lore points either..

hmm... Elec's lose their physical damage after repairing? how does that work?

Nightswift 04-26-2007 06:58 PM

All weapons lose how much damage they do after you repair them over and over. Its like if you use a blade scroll on them it permanently damages the weapon. If you keep repairing the same weapon over and over you will notice that it gets damaged alot faster then what it used to. So to answer your question directly most elecs (when forged) are able to do regular melee damge as well as their elemental damage. You can test it on diamond golems.

Ploog 04-27-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warcow (Post 22129)
Well, I've heard claims and rumors, but as far as I can tell, a electrum sword is just a (massive) diamond sword laced with static blade.

So...since electrum is better, how come everyone uses diamonds? What should I use?
That's swords, what about clubs, axes, and daggers?

So I did not read what everyone else said, and it depends on what you are doing.

I did see what Binsenkind posted, sry, and I totally disagree. If you want a weapon that does both, then you will have a weak weapon. What I mean by both, is full cut to shock resist monsters, or elec damage to non shock resist monters. The shock damage that you will do will be weak compared to a 'good' electrinum weapon. Electrinum is for electricity, and diamond is for cut.

What peasemaster means, is that a caveman with clubs really has no use for electrinum weapons. Diamond clubs will kill anything pretty fast as most monsters in a rd has little to no smash resist, excluding the infamous air elementals.

What I do: I prefer weapons that only do elemental damage, as I skip all monsters that are resistant to elemental magic in a rd. If I manage to get myself stuck in a rd with a elemental resistant monster, then my extra strength will kill the monsters, otherwise I will teleport.(I teleport for non giants) Diamond weapons are good for all monsters but xipes in a rd, and those are a huge nusiance. Having all elemental damage weapons, or smash damage(clubs) is awesome in a rd. Reapers/xipes/medusas/shogs/monopods can all be killed easily/faster with elemental weapons.

Besides, an electrinum sword is not massive. It is 1 handed. All smithed axes are 2 handed, and clubs can go either way. No matter if a giant makes the electrinum sword or not, it will still be 1 handed(non massive).

Warcow 04-27-2007 04:11 PM

^ Yeah, I have similar preferences.

Anyone know if the life / vampire blade spell damage the weapon like elemental blades?
btw, has anyone experimented with the repair spell?

Ploog 04-27-2007 04:24 PM

life/vampire does not damage your weapon initially. Repair spell is really bad, and you mine as well just throw your weapon away.- I am sure Kathy could agree with me even on this.

binsenkind 04-28-2007 01:48 PM

elecs do not lose their physical damage after repairing ^^
i wonder all the time how much disinformation is around in case of forging, especially electrinum :-)
and all i know know is from the experience of all the elec weapons i made and i doubt anybody has made more than me :o)