Wyvern Forums

Wyvern Forums (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyvern Help (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Trying to perfect my ranger with information :D, (wow 23 questions) (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1070)

Oriso 04-24-2007 06:00 PM

Trying to perfect my ranger with information :D, (wow 23 questions)

1) I forgot, does Strength effect Magic whip's damage?

2) If not, do you suggest training Strength to carry loot, and how much?

3) Does Find Weakness work for magic whip?

4) How does find weakness work? I've heard many explanations, and I dont know what's right

5) I can cast static blade and then use a scroll of flame blade, and get both effects, right?

6) Since the different races have different base attacking speeds, do they have higher/lower caps?(would a dark elf whipsman attack insanely fast?)

7) Would spam healing be suggested for a halfling ranger, or should I just stick with mana shield? ( I have a build where I can switch spirit for incantation easy once I hit 25 or so)

8) Spam healing IS more effective than mana shield if you dont get 1-3 hitted, right?

9) Formula for Vampire blade, Static blade, and Flame blade?

10) Can I get a list of summons for death related summoning spell(s) related to death magic level? (X death = Y summon)

11) Stats for Imp crown?

12) What equipment raises air or death magic, and by how much?

13)How much does medium healing heal, and how much does it cost with 14/15 incantation?

14) Is there any sort of cap for weapon skills?

15) Formula for Magic whip's damage? (Including whips and death, not blade spells)

16) Formula for a Regular whip's damage?

17) Do most People who PvP use shock resist?

18) How much HP/SP do Humans and Halflings have? (Base value and growth please, or just at level 25)

19) From what I hear, Rangers are easy to level. True or False?

20) If 19 is True, what makes them so easy to level?

21) In what way do the air magic spells get better with higher air magic? (Darksight, Fly, Invisibility, Lightning shield, See invisible, Speed, Water Breathing, and Xray are the main ones that I wish to know.)

22) How many lore points do you get per level/skill level, and how much do spells use ( I completely forgot how this worked)

23) Can most PvPers be poisoned with a poison cloud/breath spell when you have 25+ death?

I think thats about it for now.

It'd be great if one of you smarties *coughkingfrycough* could answer all of them.

Bullfrogz 04-24-2007 10:55 PM

I'll answer the ones I know.
1. Yes

2. No, I don't recommend it, but some people do. You can always learn the spell and get a form of strength rings.

3. Yes

4. It should work just like it does for every other weapon.

5. Yes, static always first, then flame or frost. If your not using a magic
whip, make sure the weapon is not damaged.

6. Different races have different starting strength and speed. But at higher levels everyone's speed will even out, some just slower than others. Thats why it seems elves and pixies attack faster, they just max out faster.

7. I recommend mana shield, rangers get negatives in incantation. Mana shield is fine for training, which is what I expect you'll be doing most, and will cost less skill points than spam healing.

8. It all really depends on what guild/race you are. For instance, mages and rangers will most likely want to use mana shield, while paladins and rouges will use spam healing. Just go off this, lots of mana and train with elements of some sort = mana shield, low hp = spam heal, lots of hp = full heal, or major healing rods.

9. Well, I donut really have a formula. Vampire gives you health back when you attack, and it can not be combined with other blade spells. Static, Fire, Frost can all be combined, static has to go first than one of the others, (Fire and frost cant go together)

10. Can't help you much... I believe shog is the strongest demon summon, and xipe is the strongest undead summon. (By strongest I mean the last summon, not strongest in strength)

11. 1 in all Arts, 1 Life, 1 Spirit, 1 Death, 1 Mind.

12. The ones you will actually want to use that raise those while your training are, Power Shield and Imp Crown.

13. Don't know, but all healing spells have ranges. So It wont be a exact number. Theres a formula for arts and element mana costs, try looking at some player's websites.

14. No cap, but weapon skills only work trained to your level. Ex: Training 26 swords at level 25 will not make a difference that training 25. Guild bonuses and other magical ways help (Perfect rings).

15. Died somewhere.

16. Really no formula, just like other weapon skills. Weapon skill + total strength, I guess.

17. Well, a lot of good pkers will have a little resist, but not full. Once you start fighting though, and they see how you work, theres a good chance if they care enough they will get full.

18. Cant remember off the top of my head. Check some help sites, or someone might respond.

19. They are very easy to level when used right. If you use elements on magic whip, you can Rd fast and forever because of mana shield and not having to switch out weapons. Another reason is alot of monsters that you will find in Rd's and some other good training spots will have weaknesses to shock and fire (Xipes, Reapers)

20. Uh, Read above.

21. Going off what I hear and what makes sense, please correct me if I'm wrong. Darksight-longer range, Fly-lasts longer, invisibility-last longer, lightning shield-stronger, see invis-longer range, speed-last longer&more powerful, water breathing-last longer, xray-longer range.

22. Every time you train lore you get lore points. Spells require a certain lore skill (how much you trained) then a certain amount of lore points. You can have the required skill, but not enough points, and will not be able to learn the spell.

23. Yea with that much death you should be able to go past the natural resist. It won't help much, just so you know.

Oriso 04-24-2007 11:08 PM

Okay, that covers most of them, but a few I would like more specific answers.

Namely:
4. I wanna know how it works not if it works the same way.
9. Still need the formulas
10. more.. :D
13. Mainly need sp cost with incant, but the heal formula as well
14. Pretty sure you're wrong bullfrogz, otherwise, why would you get 25 whips trained with a +10 from guild, making it 35? I think it just caps the amount you can train, but I wanna know if theres a number that can be reached with bonuses that is considered the cap.
15. formula
16. more specific?
22. Really need to know how many points per level and how many points a spell uses (is it based on lore level?)

Also, see if you can verify some of those answers to make sure you agree with them, or believe they're correct. Thanks ^_^

Bullfrogz 04-24-2007 11:12 PM

10. Well ghast is right before xipe in summon undead. =P
14. No, training only works to your level.
13. Quoted from kingfry:
Base cost for any spell is 10 X (lore of spell), so:

Minor: 10
Medium: 30
Major: 50

There is an arts list here: http://www.freewebs.com/wyvern-help/skills.htm Everything in Wyvern is rounded down to a whole number.

That should explain the costs of spells at a certain number of arts that you have.

As for the amount of HP you gain back, it is on experience, and in ranges.

Ex: For 10 life:
Minor heal will give about 12-18 hp's healed, per cast.
Medium: 18-30
Major:36-56

With 20 life, one would think that this doubles. It doesn't. lol. You probably would get a 30-40% increase in the amount it heals per cast with 20 life.

That is as much help as I can give on the subject.

18. Humans:
starting HP: 40
HP per level 4
starting SP: 50
SP per level 5

Halfings:
Starting HP: 35
HP per level 4
Starting SP: 70
SP per level 7

_____________________________________________ ___________________

Some of those forumlas your are asking for are non-existant or lost. And the ones that do know some of them will probally not want to just give them out.

dorion 04-25-2007 04:17 AM

I'll be answering some questions I think didn't get full answers

11) Stats for Imp crown?
As said 1 in all Arts, 1 in Mind, Spirit, Death, and Life. It also grants XRay vision, some mana, and shoot me if I'm wrong 1 meditation.

12) What equipment raises air or death magic, and by how much?
Sorcerors Helm gives 1 death if you have trouble getting hold of an imp crown.:err:

14) Is there any sort of cap for weapon skills?
No.

15) Formula for Magic whip's damage? (Including whips and death, not blade spells)
The best you'll get is a formula for the WC of the weapon, its WC = 15 + Death

17) Do most People who PvP use shock resist?
No, or atleast not strong.

22) How many lore points do you get per level/skill level, and how much do spells use ( I completely forgot how this worked)
Can't remember how many lore points you get bu a spell will use lore points equal to it's level.

23) Can most PvPers be poisoned with a poison cloud/breath spell when you have 25+ death?
Yes, but poison is broken, which is why Green Dragons are XP machines.

Kebos 04-25-2007 06:36 AM

yeesh, think i overtrained on whips too much on my baby... lol

by 25 skillpoints in whip at lvl 25, are you just talking about base?

Narhalles 04-25-2007 03:12 PM

Almost no one uses shock resist in PvP until you kill them with air. :P also, even using two shock rings (mith) and a blue DSM won't protect you from 18 air. I can't wait till my Halfling hits level 20 ;)

Nightswift 04-25-2007 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narhalles (Post 22141)
Almost no one uses shock resist in PvP until you kill them with air. :P also, even using two shock rings (mith) and a blue DSM won't protect you from 18 air. I can't wait till my Halfling hits level 20 ;)

Your garbage with the way you think. I cant wait to kill you when the server comes back.

Narhalles 04-25-2007 04:00 PM

hehe.... :P come and try.... only problem is you will.... cause I am only level 18 on that char. but hey w/e.... :P Ill make it tough for you though. :D

Nightswift 04-25-2007 05:16 PM

Haha yea the toughest 3 secs of my wyvern life.

Teshuvah 04-25-2007 06:51 PM

Stay on topic, please.

Ovrlndnsea 04-25-2007 08:28 PM

1) I believe so.

2) N/A

5) I'm fairly sure yes.

7) I would, but I'm really not sure.

8) A good spam heal, yes.

11) Not sure, but I think it is +1 for all art and +1 for a bunch of elements, some of which are fire, water, earth, life, and spirit.

13) 11+life+1d15, 3 for both 14 and 15 incant

17) Not in my experience.

18) Human=36HP+4 per level, 46SP+4 per level. (level 1=40hp 50sp) (level 25=136hp 146sp)
Halfling=32HP+3 per level, 63SP+7 per level. (level 1=35hp 70sp) (level 25=107hp 238sp)

21) Fly=+time

22) Spells use the the lore points of their lore level (so a level 7 spell uses 7 lore points)

Bullfrogz 04-25-2007 11:18 PM

No Imp Crown doesn't give Fire or water.
Only 1 Life, death, mind, spirit, and 1 in all arts. And like dorion added, xray and some mana. I really don't remember it giving meditation though, because in my skillset for bullfrogz, meditation wasn't added into it.

peacemaster 04-26-2007 04:38 AM

chmm just out of curiosity... wasn't the cap on weapon skill 50?

Nightswift 04-26-2007 10:38 AM

Thats what has been claimed but that doesnt mean its true.

Valdor the Great 04-26-2007 09:41 PM

I want proof of what the weapon skill cap is, if we cannot find it in the files then there must not be a level cap, ya'know? :confused:

Ploog 04-27-2007 10:18 AM

It doesn't matter what the level cap is, unless you are an axemen, or a level 34 with 2 rings of perfect weapon skill, and even then, you will only attain 50. Overtraining does not work, and axemen are the only ones lucky enough to get so much weapon skill, that at level 27+(frost giants or dwarves) if they train to their level in axes, then they can attain more then 50 axes. If there isn't a cap, then the damage over 50 is so insignificant, why bother?

Like I said for the other races/guilds, it does not matter if there is a level cap, because a level 30 paladin, with 30 swords trained, and 10 from guild, can only get 46 swords. level 35+ for anything 50 weapon skill or higher.

Since these have been aswered already, and I am bored, I will answer them with what I know. x.x

1. Strength affects all melee weapons damage. Some races are better known for strength increasing damage then others, as that is a no brainer, that a stone giant will be more powerful then a pixie.

2. As a ranger, training strength is not necessary to get the job done. Any strength you train is personal preference. If you wish to be PK oriented, then 20 strength is the way to go. If only PvE is what you are looking for, save the points for air instead, as magic whip and static blade will be better then 20 strength and 25 death.

3. Find Weakness works on all weapon skills.

4. I get crucified for my explanation on FW. Listen to what other people have to say.

5. Yes. You can cast static blade, and then flame blade, but not in the opposite order, as to cast a blade spell, your weapon needs to be brand new, 0% damaged. Flame blade does 1% damage to your weapon right after you cast it. Only 2 blade spells can be put on a weapon, and some weapons resist blade spells, such as enchanted weapons(like +10 speed-+5 diamond axes for example can be used with blade spells)

6. Yes. Each race has different attacp speed caps, but overall, the only difference you will find is that a pixie or elf may get an extra attack per round every once in awhile at the higher levels. A giant with +10 speed weapon and 20 weapon skill has max speed. Any other race will get max speed with about 30 in a weapon skill and having +speed weapons will do nothing to increase their speed.

7. As a conjurer, Mana Shield is the way to go. As a whipsman, Spam healing is the way to go. If you are going to use mana shield, do not even think of going whipsman. With all of the negatives(-10 in evocation, incantation, enchantment, -10 in fire/water/life/spirit/mind/earth) you will get no where. A conjurer only gets -10 in evocation/enchantment/incantation. To be a spam healing ranger though, you will need 17+ incantation. 24 is ideal, but most likely unattainable by even the expert players. 20 is a good stopping point.

8. Spam healing is sort of how you questioned it. Spam healing is meant for you to last long. With low hp, you will be killed faster then you can heal, so mana shield is better. With a medium hp, you can take the hits, and heal it up again, ready for the next volley of hits. With high hp, the heal spell is ideal. I am talking of 400+ hp is ideal for the heal spell. 200-400 hp is ideal for spam healing, and anything less then that is for mana shield. Having 2 melees basically doubles your base hp, so you can throw that into acount too, if you have them, and spam heal, such as Krayzee.

9. There is no player made formulas for the blade spells, unless you are looking at scrolls. Each scroll is about 10 in the elements of that spell. Just know, that the more death you have, the better vampire blade is, and for fire and air is the same thing. You may stop noticing the damage increase in the short run, but if you average everything out over time, you will find that the highest amount of that element is the best.

10. Summoning is pointless IMO, so I will not post anything, because though I tried it once, it was slower then what I could kill. Don't bother with it, unless you want to have fun.

11. Imp Crown= Expensive and rare. Good luck getting a cheap one anyways. Here are the Stats: +1 in all arts, +20 sp, +1 life/spirit/death/mind, xray vision(limited), darksight(limited), and see invisible(limited). I say limited, because those stats on the imp crown are not worth it really. What I am trying to say is, that if those are the reasons you want the imp crown, then don't bother.

12. Amulet, rings of death= +1 death each. Amulet of Morgos=race dependant(1-3). Imp crown= +1 death. Shield of power= +1 death. Serpent Helm= +1 death. Staff of death(mages guild only)= +2 death.

13. Minor/Medium/Major healing is all ratios. What kathy gave was nice to look at, but if you take the formula literally, you will be dissapointed. Just know that with about 10 life, Minor gives about 15, medium gives about 25, and major gives about 45. 14 incantation is max to decrease the costs on these spells. In fact, 14 in an art is max for decrease in spells with a 9 lore or lower. With 10 lore+ spells, you can sc**** off a sp or 2 with 15 in an art. Lowest sp cost for minor healing= 1 sp, medium= 3sp, major heal=5 sp, heal spell=9, mana shield =4.

14. I believe what I just posted for weapon max should about cover(look for my post just before this one)

15. There is no accurate formula for any weapon damage. You can only guesstimate on the damage using WC of weapons. Krayzee has some fun ones to look at, but nothing is accurate. Use experience and accurate testers, and not imaginary tests such as Narhalles.

16. Same as 15.

17. Narhalles already said that most people do not use shock resist in PvP. I laughed when I saw this. Almost everyone uses shock/fire/water resist in PK when fighting multiple people. Rarely do people find themselves needing magic/earth/death resist(though these resists in PK are becoming more common). When in PK, rangers suck. With 30% in magic resist and shock resist, and if you use flame blade, with 30% fire resist, your damage to the other player will probably be about 1/3 of its full potential. Or if you think like Narhalles, no matter what % resist the other player has, you will still be hitting massively. What he thinks, is that when he sees "You shock Ploog with a massive bolt of lightning" that it does good damage. Messages can be decieving, as that message could equal about 10 damage done to me.

18. Halfling: Base hp: 35, Base sp: 70
Growth: hp[+4] sp[+7]
Level 25: hp[131] sp[238]

Human: Base hp: 40, Base sp: 50
Growth: hp[+4] sp[+4]
Level 25: hp[136] sp[146]

19. This is a question that has no answer. All characters and guilds depends on the person playing them. By easy, most people consider easy by fast, and they are experienced. By easy as from a newer players standpoint, no. rangers are not easy. You will get either low resists/no resists, or you will get low attack ratings to get your resists. Rangers are reserved as 'easy' for experienced players.

20. People consider them easy to level, because the monsters that count have no resists to magic/air, killing them extremely fast. If you are not experienced, then you will probably be on who argues that monsters are immune or highly resistant to your damage, and these are the people who will die a lot, or level very slowly.

21. Darksight/xray increase range for a few levels with air magic. Lightning shield/static blade get stronger with air magic. See invisible, water breathing, speed, invisibility, fly, only increase in length with more air, and speed doesn't really do anything(it doesn't do anything to players 25+ normally, unless poorly trained). Darksight and xray also increase in length with more air magic.

22. Well, for the first few levels trained in lore, you get 10 lore points per skill point used. Past that you get a little bit more, but I forget how much. Spells use 1 lore point for every lore level the spell is. Ex: A lore 17 spell, uses 17 lore points, and a Lore 1 spell, uses 1 lore point.

23. Poison as a spell is completely worthless. It is probably broken, becaue it does 1-2 damage if that the whole duration of the spell no matter the death level. If that isn't broken, then I do not know what is.

Good Luck. My last piece of information to give, is do not listen to anyone who does not at least have a HoF, especially Narhalles. Even people with HoF's can be misleading with their information. Choose who you listen to wisely and you could be a great player.

peacemaster 04-27-2007 11:05 AM

actually, the levels can be lower for some other races/guilds... forgot natural ability weap skills..

Ploog 04-27-2007 11:14 AM

Yes I know they can be lower, but that is a safe level to put down, as all levels will have max speed at that level, or before. There is no race and that amount of weapon skill that will still be gaining speed at later levels.

>< Edit sucks in this: Player Level x 2 is max skill level, so only 3 people can get 50+ in a weapon skill: dwarves/frost giants at level 26+ and stone giants at level 31+

Narhalles 04-27-2007 12:30 PM

heh, If they do have shock resist it is only from a scroll (usually, though they normally have gear to that they can wear.) I have lurked in PK areana long enough spamming lightning bolt to know that. and while I might not have a char at HOF yet, that is due to my lack of prolonged intrest in one char. (I haev made over 20 level 18's then deleted them.) In all that time I could have easily focused on one instead and HOFed. Instead I spread the time around testing different ideas out.

Believe me or not, but most people in PvP put most of thier resistances toward fire, water, and death/meele.

I had lots of fun once with a mage in a 1 on 1 PVP. I had the gear for full resits to fire or water with 30% to the other simultaneously. he was level 24 (full fire/water) and he could barely hurt me.