Wyvern Forums

Wyvern Forums (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Where is wyvern (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2270)

Syx 10-09-2010 10:38 PM

Can anyone login or connect to cabochon.com?

Seems something in Seattle spluttered and died about 12hrs ago, haven't been able to connect since.

Ok, wyvern isn't down? I can connect to the cabochon if I go through a Euro based proxy.

Soooo.. either someone permabanned my ip for no obvious reason, or something close to the server has turned into a data black hole.

Teshuvah 10-10-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syx (Post 32395)
Can anyone login or connect to cabochon.com?

Seems something in Seattle spluttered and died about 12hrs ago, haven't been able to connect since.

Ok, wyvern isn't down? I can connect to the cabochon if I go through a Euro based proxy.

Soooo.. either someone permabanned my ip for no obvious reason, or something close to the server has turned into a data black hole.

There is some dns problem, you can connect by changing www.cabochon.com to 207.229.97.12 on the connect screen where it says game server. You can also reach the web page by putting that in your browser.

Syx 10-10-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teshuvah (Post 32397)
There is some dns problem, you can connect by changing www.cabochon.com to 207.229.97.12 on the connect screen where it says game server. You can also reach the web page by putting that in your browser.

Thanks for looking into it Tesh. This doesn't seem to be my problem though. I tried with that ip and various other ip's on cortland and can't get through to any of them.

I've traced the issue. As always I have a completely clean feed all the way across the world to Seattle, but as soon as I step off the internet backbone onto cortlands machines I hit issues. For the last day or two the issue is that I hit a complete wall, I can't even raise the cortland web homepage.

Teshuvah 10-11-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syx (Post 32399)
Thanks for looking into it Tesh. This doesn't seem to be my problem though. I tried with that ip and various other ip's on cortland and can't get through to any of them.

I've traced the issue. As always I have a completely clean feed all the way across the world to Seattle, but as soon as I step off the internet backbone onto cortlands machines I hit issues. For the last day or two the issue is that I hit a complete wall, I can't even raise the cortland web homepage.

Yeah we are aware that the issue is not the server, but the internet provider Cortland, that's not news, they've had problems now for weeks.

I have no idea what the issue is for you, other players are logging in normally just fine and others that cant are able to using the dns in the server spot that I gave you without any problems.

Keep trying putting the dns number I gave you in the server slot on the log in screen since that is the current solution.

Yes, the IP is having problems (thats cortland) but we get around it by using the direct dns as I said since it's a dns issue/error. If that doesn't work for you I have no idea what else to offer for help.

Teshuvah 10-11-2010 06:00 PM

It appears the problem was resolved this afternoon and we no longer need the dns # to log in.

Syx 10-12-2010 11:05 PM

I guess I should post the conclusion to this story...

After a couple of days of the problem not fixing itself I looked a bit closer. Turned out cortland was happy to talk to any machine in the whole world... except me. So I change my ip (slightly irritating as not on full dynamic) and I can connect again. I would be curious to know why they kicked my ip, given I did nothing malicious against their machines,.. oh well. I would give my opinion of cortlands' proffesionallism, but it seems you are already aware..:>

In conclusion: Problem fixed. The End. Yay.