Wyvern Forums

Wyvern Forums (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyvern Help (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Tips for fighting magic monsters (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2321)

Matalino 02-12-2011 02:36 PM

Tips for fighting magic monsters

Hallo,

I've been trying to move up in the world of dungeon-hunting, but I've found myself stuck at one area: Liches and Skulls. I have a lvl 12 human super-hybrid character (staff/earth/life). Against Oculus and Floating Eyes, I have a chance, but I have no idea what to do against the tougher ones. If I get caught by one fear or one paralyze, game over! Any attack spell can wipe me flat within seconds.

What do I need more of? More status resistances? More damage mitigation? More speed, or more damage output? Or do I need more crowd-controlling on my part?

Teshuvah 02-12-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matalino (Post 32671)
Hallo,

I've been trying to move up in the world of dungeon-hunting, but I've found myself stuck at one area: Liches and Skulls. I have a lvl 12 human super-hybrid character (staff/earth/life). Against Oculus and Floating Eyes, I have a chance, but I have no idea what to do against the tougher ones. If I get caught by one fear or one paralyze, game over! Any attack spell can wipe me flat within seconds.

What do I need more of? More status resistances? More damage mitigation? More speed, or more damage output? Or do I need more crowd-controlling on my part?

Is your weapon skill trained to your level? That will help you kill faster.

You need resist armor like dragon scale mail and resist rings (mithril).
also dont stand in one place, move around the monsters.
Invis is also very helpful and gives you a little more time to get closer before they come after you.

Crier 02-12-2011 08:46 PM

If you are trying to cast spells then you won't be able to use the DSMs. What I would suggest is to try and use the endurance potions, they are rather costly....but trust me training with no resists will only get you killed. Also the best way to avoid spell type damage is...don't get hit, run alot, run like a fool and you should be able to be more productive. As for paralysis/fear, one of the only thing I could suggest is a porti hole. If you find yourself running like a loon (not by your doing that is) just hit your porti hole alias and hope that you jump in in time. Unicorn horns are awesome too, they help a lot with confusion and paralysis, but they do add a lot of weight and can get costly.

Durango 02-13-2011 11:05 AM

I would suggest resist rings for you for Fire and Cold or maybe fire and free action. Endurance potions and Try to get mana shield. You can also get a cloak of the lion 50% fear resist and then 7 or so mind magic it helps with bravery (resist fear) and mana shield.

Frosten 02-13-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango (Post 32676)
I would suggest resist rings for you for Fire and Cold or maybe fire and free action. Endurance potions and Try to get mana shield. You can also get a cloak of the lion 50% fear resist and then 7 or so mind magic it helps with bravery (resist fear) and mana shield.

Just to clear things up, free action rings are now lq prizes, so you probably shouldn't try to get one of those. Also, 9 mind is what you need for full bravery with a lion cloak. 9 mind is also full free action, so that route would probably work better for you.