Wyvern Forums

Wyvern Forums (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyvern Help (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Quest Tips (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1534)

rour 05-09-2008 09:58 PM

Quest Tips

Post your tips.
not looking for qi just tips.

themadhobo 05-10-2008 11:37 AM

If you get stuck, think of the most logical thing you could possibly do to solve your quest. Then do the exact opposite.

Logwad 05-10-2008 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themadhobo (Post 25849)
If you get stuck, think of the most logical thing you could possibly do to solve your quest. Then do the exact opposite.

This is very correct. In fact, so much so that it's probably quest info.

Klodin 05-13-2008 01:03 AM

In my experience just consider the wizard who made the quest. They all have very distinctive styles.

The best thing I recommend is read through the wizard manual and think of every single evil and frustrating thing that you are allowed to make. And prepare for it. What awaits you is usually much worse.

Of course some wizard will probably read this and make a quest that will render this bit of advice useless so disregard it completely.

Salkand 05-13-2008 05:51 PM

It is my experience that quest are a evil, and hence must be avoided at all cost.

Crier 05-14-2008 10:21 AM

Just remember all quests are Graignors, Only some take longer then others.

Penny 05-14-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klodin (Post 25860)
In my experience just consider the wizard who made the quest. They all have very distinctive styles.

The best thing I recommend is read through the wizard manual and think of every single evil and frustrating thing that you are allowed to make. And prepare for it. What awaits you is usually much worse.

Of course some wizard will probably read this and make a quest that will render this bit of advice useless so disregard it completely.

Teshuvah's style is driving people to insanity and making me cry. :(
So my tip is to bring tissues.

Xae 05-14-2008 06:03 PM

You kinda get used to Tesh's style.. I did.. Pretty much had to

but uhmm..for tips...don't die =] carry portable holes. like 3 of them..try to set an alias so when you use one, the next switches to the top so you can re-enter the hole without wait.

Dropping any quest items or putting them in bags destroys them...so don't carry any extra weight..ever...so you don't accidentally try to put a quest item in a bag to lighten yourself...that cursed giant heavy club of slowness -10? get rid of it you're not cool for having it.

Carry coins in a bag..like 1000 silver coins. You never know when they might come in handy...might not make sense to some of you but the quest pros know what i'm talking about.

Sometimes you just HAVE to move on from a quest for a while. You'll go crazy if you spend forever on a quest at a time, but never give up. When I first started playing there was this quest Eye of the Dragon. It was the easiest quest to everyone in Wyvern but me..but every once in a while i went back to it and got something new from it, instead of constantly wasting hours at a time frustrating myself. It actually took me about a year to finish it completely but it was worth it. Basically if the quest you're trying to do doesn't need immediate completion like a guild quest maybe, and you're just doing it for the points, then don't stress your self over it just come back to it every once in a while.

Talk to everyone you see! EVERYONE...you can usually tell if the person you're trying to talk to is associated with the quest in a way..because well uhm...the quest folk usually stay put. The others move around alot. Ask every possible question you can to all those weakling NPCs..every noun and verb they mention, ask about it.

x-ray vision is also your friend. won't say why..just get it.

Well that's my advice for now. Hope it helps.

Jessikha 05-14-2008 08:06 PM

Get the spell glimpse. 2 Lore for a spell that lets you see through walls is well worth it. Also consider wizard eye, although that's not as useful as glimpse. It's good for quests that say they're heavy on monster bashing, or for high level quests.

chaoz 05-16-2008 07:41 PM

help please

can some one please help me i need tips on solving quests specifically quests like jewel of besar like ones that you have to talk to npc's alot

Binyamin 05-16-2008 08:03 PM

Alas, no one is allowed to help you with the quests. Per Rhialto (The game's designer) quests are to be completed on your own. Any help with a quest will get both you and the helper instantly banished.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... :(

chaoz 05-16-2008 08:46 PM

i dont want help i just want tips on how you can do quest that you need to talk alot sorry if you miunderstood i didnt type that well

rour 05-16-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaoz (Post 25879)
i dont want help i just want tips on how you can do quest that you need to talk alot sorry if you miunderstood i didnt type that well

tips eh? now ive solved besar so what i can tell you is umm.... talk to every npc they all have something to say, explore first so u can get a plain view of the quest area it might give you hints to where to start, and look for key words like if they said "oh i found a key" type talk key. and think before you give a quest item to any npc if you think it isn't related to the npc ...it probably isn't.
Rour
:cool:

chaoz 05-16-2008 09:06 PM

yo thanx for the tips they were really help ful thanx

rour 05-16-2008 09:14 PM

Your welcome :)

Hamel 05-18-2008 08:17 PM

If you don't want to die, then its a good idea to look at the level requirement of the quest you are going to do, and then add five levels on that.

And all read signs.

Oh, and speak softly and carry a large pointy object.

Klodin 05-19-2008 12:30 AM

Play Chamber of Horrors. after that you'll find quests easy.

Sorry, I meant Tomb of Horrors.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_of_Horrors

Jacksparow 05-19-2008 04:17 PM

I hope this isn't taking it too far.

Tip 1
alias q talk quest
spam that untill you find someone talking about an interesting subject then "talk verb/noun" with them

tip 2
1000 silver coins to hansel and gredel anything you may want to backtrack with.

tip 3
NEVER LOG OUT you may have quest items in your inventory, so be causcious when you are near death, and don't be quick to hit your quit alias if you see dragon breath or something headed your way.

Klodin 05-19-2008 04:20 PM

Tesh provides bread crumbs.

rour 05-19-2008 04:47 PM

she does? i din't kno that