Wyvern Forums

Wyvern Forums (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyvern Help (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Weird... (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1356)

Crier 01-22-2008 02:48 PM

Weird...

Soo...this is a tad bit wierd, the site states that I am logged in (under the who'se online section) but the game freezes everytime I try to connect with the message:
Welcome to Wyvern!
Game messages are printed in this window.
Connecting to: www.cabochon.com with player Crier
Registering with server - please wait...
Connected to server.

Thats all I get :-/ It may be due to the filter program that the university is running, but I don't think it is because, under the troubleshooting page on the website, I ran the Firewall Test and it said that Wyvern was not being blocked by a firewall..

And yes it is the lastest version of Wyvern, 1.4.10, just downloaded it as a matter of fact....

And It just sits there till I get disconnected...with this so helpful message:
Disconnected.
Connection closed by server.

Informative :/

blazerv 01-22-2008 06:27 PM

I'm getting the exact same error as you, it just freezes after Connected to Server.

Aarden The CaveRak 01-22-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazerv (Post 24873)
I'm getting the exact same error as you, it just freezes after Connected to Server.

Well its back now. Lets hope it stays that way.

Crier 01-22-2008 09:40 PM

Not for me >.> Still does it

EDIT: But interestingly enough I still get the "Too many players" error, and if I do eventually get on I still freeze up at the "connected" stage

themadhobo 01-22-2008 10:22 PM

I believe this error happens due to the new player limit. When connecting to the server, it will need to check the number of players presently logged in. If that number is somewhere between 66 and 70, it seems you may get on, you may not. I believe the cause of this "error" is the time the server is taking to make the decision of whether or not to give you access to the game. You will find if you wait long enough, it will give you the too many players message, and you will have to try again.

Crier 01-22-2008 10:30 PM

No thats not the case at all I have waited for twenty minutes when there were 30 players online and still received no error message. The game just freezes, I do get the too many players message when there are in-fact too many players, otherwise all I get it is a blank screen saying I was Connected then eventually I get disconnected with no message. :19_indifferent:

Tanm 01-23-2008 12:00 AM

Perhaps you are one of the few unfortunates who got the "login bug." This was happening quite frequently when the game first came up, but I thought it was fixed. Maybe you were overlooked?

Teshuvah 01-23-2008 12:17 AM

Crier are you still having this problem after rebooting your computer and the client?

T

Crier 01-23-2008 08:11 AM

Indeed I am, with every alt I have too...I have even re installed the client, but that hasn't worked either.