Wyvern Forums

Wyvern Forums (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyvern Help (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Hail's hofer pic (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1564)

Unknown 06-02-2008 11:44 PM

Hail's hofer pic

edited: sorry i can no longer offer 2 plat items to the person that helps me with the pic. never the less. if some one could help me it would be cool

Here some reference to how he must look like:

Characterhttp://paizo.com/image/content/Crims...O9007-Bard.jpg

(i think about hail just like that character pic, but with a happy face and a guitar or lute)

Warcow 06-02-2008 11:50 PM

oh neat, never knew custom images could include the diagonal ones too, you'd be the first person with one

I'll be looking forward to seeing it

Logwad 06-02-2008 11:57 PM

The reason no one has diagonal images, is because that's twice as much work. And most people here consume, rather than produce the art. :)

Teshuvah 06-03-2008 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logwad (Post 26199)
The reason no one has diagonal images, is because that's twice as much work. And most people here consume, rather than produce the art. :)

Legolas was working on getting diagonal images to work, they are not yet allowed in hof images.

T

Unknown 06-03-2008 01:54 PM

oh... didnt know they didnt work.. anyway i still want diagonal side pics, in case some time in the near future diagonal view be able

Teshuvah 06-03-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown (Post 26212)
oh... didnt know they didnt work.. anyway i still want diagonal side pics, in case some time in the near future diagonal view be able

Let me help you out.
You don't get to change it later.
Your hof image is set once. No changes are allowed later.

Unknown 06-03-2008 08:18 PM

So far so good (avatar is future hofer pic)... anyway if some one makes something that i think its better that what im doing, and i use it as model for the final work, to that person i will sell 2 plat items for min. (old price min)

well this is the front view frame... im not sure about keeping the leg motion... i wanted to make him look as he was walking, but its not easy with only 32*32 pic sice... 1/4 of the work is almost finnish... side pics are going to be hard cos the little the reference i can get from the front view, so i say it agane. 2 plat items for min!!! looking for help

Logwad 06-04-2008 11:54 PM

Definitely a diversion from "classic wyvern" style, but it looks good.

Unknown 06-05-2008 12:03 AM

not too sure about the looking good part... 32x32 is too small, and take a wile to get what the pic is... (but i dont want the tipical wyvern's halfling pic with changed coloros or an item added to the pic)

finish S and E side. please make a constructive critic (for example i dont like s view the way legs move, and in e im not sure if you can tell he is walking)

(answer to rok, yes im afraid of that too. so when i finish them all im thinking in just scale them, making the character a little more fat and short, its not much what it need to shrink, 3-4 pixes i think will be ok. (and thnx for the comment))

edit. about the walk when i standing, that realy dont bother me... i will wait till i end the other to sides, scale the pic, and if with the new sice it keep the leg troble, then i will see how to fix it. (thnx for the comments)

Jacksparow 06-08-2008 11:42 PM

a big problem I have had with the halfling pics I've submitted is that they are too big. I can already tell it will be a problem with the pic you have mad so far. also the east image looks like he is ice skating.

Crier 06-09-2008 10:35 PM

yeah It looks like he kicks off with only one leg and skates with the other...also, remember that you would be "walking" even when standing still

Iro 06-11-2008 04:57 AM

You could easily change it to make it look like you're dancing.

Salkand 06-11-2008 06:36 PM

Is there a way to make it so the animation is only in effect while you are moving, which will then make it so you COULD stand still.

Contrare 06-12-2008 10:34 AM

No. Animation takes place at all times. There is not a "moving" state.

Contrare

Unknown 06-27-2008 12:18 AM

ok, now that hail is no more, if anyone (human) want his hofer pic, please let me know.:thumbsup:

Fredd 06-29-2008 01:35 AM

Most animated pics cause lag, which equals a dumb death due to a fancy avatar. Ask Peacy about it.
To get a good looking avatar,take a screen shot , and paste the avatar you are working on in the pic. It will show what colors look the best, and give you a great idea of what the final image will appear as. Small images can look great, even not animated. Just make the views at scale, then try to fake the colors as they would appear in the lighting conditions,i.e Light source on the left, a little above the shoulder. They still have a free photoshop you can download, very good for different color tones.Lol, if worse comes to desperation mode,look in your wyvern client for nice examples of art, in art, or wizard files.