Wyvern Forums

Wyvern Forums (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyvern Help (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   pure meleer build help (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1284)

orionsbane 01-06-2008 10:58 PM

pure meleer build help

ok well i saw you can over train swrods if you dont have fw if that true and i want a powerful meleer (non pally)
i was thinking at 25
30 swords (over trained)
20 str
20 heal
rest i dunno 30 left over
thinking dodge and mabye lore lvl 1 for thigs like brvery and minor heal
anyone got a good pure meleer that can tell me if this is good?

CasualCrisis 01-06-2008 11:04 PM

In light of discovering that you are unusually stupid, I have removed what advice I originally had posted.

orionsbane 01-06-2008 11:52 PM

well thank you for your input

yes i know about spam healing (did you not notice the non paly refrence)

spam healing is a quick easy way to heal. im looking for something that wont need to.
well you havent answerd my question

the main one and reason of me posing this. dose over training swords help alot and is it possible.

also the points spread for spam healing as you mentioned uses 27 points if i save those and put them to str or swords the damage goes up considerably and my healing isnt suffering that much 20 points every second is not a bad thing for lvling (pk wise its already known spam heals and you win)

anyway you have missed the point if i wanted a paly build i would ask for one please read my post.

my question's are
dose overtraining swrods up damage alot (it adds some but wondring how much)
another question i jsut thought of can you dodge spells? (dont think u can but wondering now)
and finally would a pure melee without spam healing be good lvling wise. and what build would you recommend.

final point in case you havent noticed i have 30 points extra its quite easy to add the spam healing on top of what i have already. i may end up doing that.

Axeling 01-07-2008 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orionsbane (Post 24434)
ok well i saw you can over train swrods if you dont have fw if that true and i want a powerful meleer (non pally)
i was thinking at 25
30 swords (over trained)
20 str
20 heal
rest i dunno 30 left over
thinking dodge and mabye lore lvl 1 for thigs like brvery and minor heal
anyone got a good pure meleer that can tell me if this is good?

U really should talk about those things thats like a shortcut in the game if u get a bad skill untrain i many ppl had to waste more than 100k in untraining skill to train them agein im not agree that some1 help u. U can ask some things but not full *** swrd-men....just discover and explore, Than seem not fair for others players then u will see other player asking:

-naga with best things skills and stuff.
-full skill in mage. Or what shold i choose fire+water Etc.

and if this ur first character try exploring and training and untraining. I know ppl say choose wisely what ur going to be.

Warcow 01-07-2008 01:02 AM

for one thing, you can't even overtrain swords if you are not in the paladin guild... so, might wanna do some more thinking

Unknown 01-07-2008 01:34 AM

(i read you say pure melee... i think that’s not a great idea)
ok, it could be that the way i like to play is different that yours, but i don’t think that.
30 swords (over trained)
20 str
20 heal

is a good idea. For me the point is not "kill fast", it is "not die". and 20 in heal doesn’t help that much (well to be honest i dont know, i have never played with a character with soo much healing). i think a better idea for a lvl 25 human swordman is:
25 sword
15 str
7 lore
6 meditation
15 fire
7 spirit
20 fw (take some points to give to the arts if you think you need to)
5 heal

but to be honest i think that the extra hp that the guild gives is good (when you have high dodge you don’t want to be 1 hit KO), so i think is a better idea to stay with the paladin guild. any way more or less i think this could be the char i would like for a unguilded human swordman. Again, with rings, amulets and helmet give or take points of the set I’m giving (AND AGANE THIS IS ONLY AN IDEA, so far I have only made 3 hofer, and none of them was unguilded)

orionsbane 01-07-2008 02:10 AM

ok ty warcrow and unknown
so in other words to over train im gonn have to be a pally
that helps alot

and unknown i see your point thats why im asking
in yout build im guessing your lore is for mana shield (humans arent the best for hp)
and spirit is the same to up that skill so thats all for the surviving aspect

its not a heal spammer ty
anyway thank you for giving me a non heal spamming build i may end up using some of those (i dont get the 15 fire tho is that for spell damage?) i thought 8 w rings was full resist. anyway time to play around been doing it already with my currently earth magic melee human
reason im intersted in melee is because i want to wear the higher lvl armor
however bungleing is a large issue so wondering of forfiting spellbooks
using rods etc for the spells and going more melee based would be better.

Jacksparow 01-07-2008 04:20 AM

if you really want to be good as a healing human try something more suitable for what you are asking for.

spam healing Is, and Will be the best way of going through with this, and if you don't want to bungle rod heal (its the same as spam healing :P just more expensive. but less bungly)

so with rod healing. and i guess unguilded. here's my stab at this

25 swords
20 strength
20 find weakness
14 incantation
5 merchent
10 meditation

6 throwaways (AKA whatever)

Unknown 01-07-2008 03:15 PM

15 in fire is for fire recoil and have a nice fire spells protection. you cant wear 8 rings at the same time (max is 2). Also, now i get it.. if you want a killing machine then this is what you can do.
1) Not use swords... join the axeman if you want to.
2) Be friends of suport mages.
3) buy tons of scrolls and full healing potions.

this could be a fun to play alt... kill fast before get killed and heal back quick. i think i may do a human named Unknown and try this
Axes 25 (maybe take some points and give them to BS)
Fw 20
Strn 18
Heal 20
Merchant- BS - ST 17

This could be a realy realy nice alt (party only), wear 2 rings of acid resist all the time, full ag+10 armor +10 set, skull shield, Girdle of strn, maybe brown DSM, death pro amy.

Yeah, im gona make it. =D:thumbsup:

Jacksparow 01-07-2008 03:51 PM

the build you made had 15 fire, but no life. so your resists would last a minute. making them quite worthless.

Frostneo 01-07-2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksparow (Post 24455)
if you really want to be good as a healing human try something more suitable for what you are asking for.

spam healing Is, and Will be the best way of going through with this, and if you don't want to bungle rod heal (its the same as spam healing :P just more expensive. but less bungly)

so with rod healing. and i guess unguilded. here's my stab at this

25 swords
20 strength
20 find weakness
14 incantation
5 merchent
10 meditation

6 throwaways (AKA whatever)

Rod healing is NOT more expensive.

If you want to be a human swordsman, and all about melee, it would be dumb not to be a paladin.

Jacksparow 01-07-2008 05:21 PM

Rod healing is too more expensive. because with reguler spell healing all you do is train life, and lore. then that's it. with rod healing you have to buy a surplus of rods 10-20k each so that when one runes out; you can swap it out for a newer one.

Unknown 01-07-2008 06:59 PM

Answer to jack (and anyone else would like to know)

0 in life? well you can use imp crown of samhoc, shield of power, rings of life magic and amulet of life magic (note: I like to have permanent equipment, so changing rings and amulets is not the way i play, specialy cos i like to rd and its imposible not to get cursed doing so. Then, for me this is not a good solution).

That’s one option, the other is take some of the 20 points i said to take from FW and not only use them in arts but also in life magic...

Last idea could be take those points and have enchantment so high you can spam those spells...

Any way, I think you are right I miss the point about training in life, never the less I keep thinking as a base model the set I give is a good option to look at(the first one, the pure mele axeman is something i want to do just for fun). Also if you have shield of power you could take a point from fire and use it in other skills, if you have crown of samhoc you can take a point of spirit and use it in other stuffs (there is lots of options):thumbsup:

-Last thing- About the rod stuff, i dont like use rods, scrolls or any non-permanent suport equipment (well, unicorn horn is semipermanent and i do use it). I think rods are a good choise but i prefer not to use them (same with wands)

Frostneo 01-07-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbeard (Post 24485)
Rod healing is too more expensive. because with reguler spell healing all you do is train life, and lore. then that's it. with rod healing you have to buy a surplus of rods 10-20k each so that when one runes out; you can swap it out for a newer one.

Well, correction, rod healing isn't ALWAYS expensive. In this case, most likely more expensive than spells.

I couldn't help but say that when i saw someone saying rod healing was expensive, because i thought about how inexpensive it is for me as a giant.

Then I remembered, giants just own.

In response to Unknown about curse:
Any paladin should have uncurse. Or any player with 8 lore or close to it.
Then you get a bit of pixie dust and curse is never a problem again.

orionsbane 01-07-2008 08:56 PM

well since iv posted this ive been searching fourms links etc to get more info on builds.
i know the standard build human pally (w resists) is something like this
25 swords
14 incant
5 meditation
7 life
rest goes to either resists which would be (casting w a rod)
8 fire 8 air 8 water
and then strength 20 if possible which it is
thats 86 points used out of 100
add 14 fw and your basicly a pally

an ideia
i had heard with 7 incantation you can cast minor heal at 20% cost
(agian prolly only with a rod) but then agian why not use a rod who likes bungleing.
the advantage of course is so i can wear bungleing armor (to both make up for my lack of full resists and lower healing)

so if i save there and also add less resists.
i heard 5 in elements dosent protect from recoil but is about 90% which well i am scraficing def for attack.

any way w the main
thinking 25 swords
7 incant
5 meditation (gotta pot for pk who dosent)
5 fire water air for resist (casting w rod)
20 str
10 fw
(if the description i hear raises min lowers max damage then dont want a ton)

so far 82 points used of 100 soo 18 for something else

7 lore so i got mana shield to make up some of my heal spamming lack.
6 life minor heal (rods for it ofc)
that leaves 5 points which id prolly put to earth
several reasons mabye a mage will use that one earth spell which im vunerable to.
adds to petry resist (i hate having statues of myself without my permission)
earth has defensive spells like fortress and earth wall which will help me live.
earth effects two summoned monsters golems and earth elemental.
both of those are weak... but hey for a low lvl summon thy're not bad.
with a rod i think ill get greater earth and steel golem mabye (hopes)
anyway its better n what i got now (really messed it up)
feel free to tell me how stupid, i am later ill agree (im a stubbron boy i am)

oh and yes the pure melee was mainly to find out more about meleer skills
ill be making an alt (if any one can answer axes are stronger n swrods per hit right waht about clubs? stronger or no? and then blades (uni horn included).

Frostneo 01-09-2008 12:23 AM

Lol... Good luck with that... :yuck: